Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmthor
    God of Knock-offs
    • Nov 29, 2005

My question is I keep hearing the following - the 14" are canceled - that Data & Picard is the last of the Trek figures (seen 3 places that said that there are no 2020+ toy licences for trek) and and lastly I have heard that Mego is done. I wish like Super7 and a few other companies Mego would start monthly q&a vids or posts......just so we know things are good

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by tmthor
      My question is I keep hearing the following - the 14" are canceled - that Data & Picard is the last of the Trek figures (seen 3 places that said that there are no 2020+ toy licences for trek) and and lastly I have heard that Mego is done. I wish like Super7 and a few other companies Mego would start monthly q&a vids or posts......just so we know things are good
      You might want to ignore whoever it is you’re listening to.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

I must admit I find it very strange that 5 hours ago, on the Mego ambassador page, a post was made, with the courtesy of MEGO Corp, pre production pics were shown of Picard/Data. Arent we meant to be getting these like next month, and they are courteously showing us pre production shots, and orginally meant to be shipped in janurary ?????????????????????????????????????

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

My question is I keep hearing the following - the 14" are canceled - that Data & Picard is the last of the Trek figures (seen 3 places that said that there are no 2020+ toy licences for trek) and lastly I have heard that Mego is done.
          None of this is true. There are some people who have been removed from the Ambassadors group and they like to spread misinformation and they prey on conjecture and the fact that Mego is a touch secretive.

People do the same with Figures Toy Co. They assume because they haven't heard about a project from a year back that it's "Cancelled". It's easier to contain because FTC doesn't have a social media community.

I've also read things about how I didn't sell any Brick Mantooth figures but I assure you I've barely got any left.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• VulcansFury
            Museum Patron
            • Mar 6, 2014

I think the lack of Trek licenses are for the new CBS shows. I think TMP is getting a push this year, theres a new Making Of book coming out and an almost confirmed report that we're getting the directors cut on blu ray this year. I wouldnt be surprised to see more TMP merch as well (not necessarily Mego, but likely Hallmark, etc.) I was expecting more news at SDCC but that was cancelled.

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              You might want to ignore whoever it is you’re listening to.
              It was just a few Youtube vids

Comment

• tmthor
                God of Knock-offs
                • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                None of this is true. There are some people who have been removed from the Ambassadors group and they like to spread misinformation and they prey on conjecture and the fact that Mego is a touch secretive.

People do the same with Figures Toy Co. They assume because they haven't heard about a project from a year back that it's "Cancelled". It's easier to contain because FTC doesn't have a social media community.

I've also read things about how I didn't sell any Brick Mantooth figures but I assure you I've barely got any left.
                Again thats why i posted in this forum if people want questions asked those are some i heard that i figured we could maybe get an answer on. Next my son would like to know how to get a Brick mantooth figure (yes my 14 year old son is a bigger Mego collector than i in the 8" scale I like 3 3/4" scale myself but have been getting the Monsters and the Star Trek ones)

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Next my son would like to know how to get a Brick mantooth figure
                  Try here-
                  The Plaid Stallions Press Online Store: action figures, Captain Canuck, Rack Toys, Megozine, 1978 REImagined,
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Wee67
                    Thanks Now to order them and find a hiding place til his birthday

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎