Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I don't know about Grayskull but I can tell you in 1993, there was a wall of unsold MOTU figures in the TRU by my dorm.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Z-man 307
      Museum Super Collector
      • Mar 15, 2010

Amen to Kiddie City! Other than Kresge's, all of my toys came from the Kiddie City on Torresdale Avenue in Frankford!

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

I know Micronauts appeared in an episode or two of 'Eight is Enough'. And in Time Bandits and Poltergeist.
        And Shogun Warriors appeared on 'Wonder Woman'.
        I think I saw the youngest kid on 'Eight is Enough' play with a Big Trak.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
          I don't know about Grayskull but I can tell you in 1993, there was a wall of unsold MOTU figures in the TRU by my dorm.
          Lucky, I would have been stocking up like crazy. Only stuff in my area was Kaybee still had some Dukes of Hazard and few Toht figures on really bad cards.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Lucky, I would have been stocking up like crazy. Only stuff in my area was Kaybee still had some Dukes of Hazard and few Toht figures on really bad cards.
            Mark Huckabone used to stock up when he visited me.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Would Castle Grayskull, Trypticon and Shogun Warriors still be on the shelves in 93 when Beanie Babies started?
              I assume they just grabbed a bunch of the toys they use for The Goldbergs, which is set in the 80's. MOTU, Transformers and Star Wars toys make regular appearances on that series.

I'm surprised the scenes from The Toy haven't been posted here yet.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^That Mego endcap in The Toy still fascinates me!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• msenger76
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 3, 2009

Would Castle Grayskull, Trypticon and Shogun Warriors still be on the shelves in 93 when Beanie Babies started?
                  the continuity on goldbergs and schooled is never logical. don't even try to think about it

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    ^That Mego endcap in The Toy still fascinates me!
                    I've always wondered in they just shot in a toy store in Baton Rouge or if they created a store interior for the movie. If the later, it would make sense that went to a real store and bought up whatever product was cheap. I imagine there might have been a bunch of Megos marked down in 1981 I am also digging those Spidey Web Shooters, too!

Last edited by Wee67; Feb 12, '20, 11:03 AM.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Wow Shirt Tales!
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Wee67
                        I've always wondered in they just shot in a toy store in Baton Rouge or if they created a store interior for the movie. If the later, it would make sense that went to a real store and bought up whatever product was cheap. I imagine there might have been a bunch of Megos marked down in 1981 I am also digging those Spidey Web Shooters, too!

Okay call me stupid but, Mego display behind Richard Pryor, bottom row carded Superman, who's the figure on pink card
                        right behind it? it's not Batman he's on the top level, unless it's Batman and the light is making it look darker?
                        I don't think any other character beside Batman was on the pink card.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I think it's Batman, but Hulk, Mr Fantastic, and Batgirl are also on deep pink cards.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I think it's Batman, but Hulk, Mr Fantastic, and Batgirl are also on deep pink cards.
                            That's another thing I really liked about the 70s and 80s. The color pink wasn't so demonized. Back then everything from Batman to the Bionic Man came in pink boxes and no body batted an eye. People would have an absolute conniption now if Batman came on a pink card.

Comment

• Z-man 307
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Mar 15, 2010

Could that be a red card ? Maybe Mr. Mxyzptlk?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I haven't watched in a while, but I'm almost positive Mxy is included.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎