X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I liked that movie for what it was, even though I prefer Dracula to be a no good SOB.
    I can see that but I just found it a surprisingly coherent popcorn movie and I sincerely wanted to see where they were going with the series.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      The "twist" at the end cut out the gut-punching pathos of the original's finale for me. I still enjoy the remake a lot, but the original has that extra tragic angle with Chaney's and Rains' relationship.

Chris
      It's just a shame they didn't follow it up...they had the perfect setup to springboard into the rest of the monsters. Aberline should've become the "Werewolf of London" who seeks out a cure from one of the series' doctors...Frankenstein, Jekyll, or Griffin.
      A great twist would be having Aberline assigned to solve the very murders he was committing as the werewolf. Ah, if only...what could have been.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh yeah, that aspect of it was fantastic, and I would have loved to have seen it explored as you said. He's kind of the Mister McDougal of that film. I was referring to the reveal of Anthony Hopkins' character.

I can see that but I just found it a surprisingly coherent popcorn movie and I sincerely wanted to see where they were going with the series.
        Agreed. And they could have had Dracula be an SOB in modern times, and perhaps someone is able to call back to that lost nobler side. It had potential, for sure. And I like Luke Evans just fine.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

No thank you.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢