Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Plaid Stallions 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Kenner Bionic Woman store display I have a real fixation for old store displays and I totally remember seeing this in stores. The seller has told me they have a Bionic Man one kicking around as well. I don't have the money for this but it will be fun to watch.

German Kung Fu Comic Books- We didn't get much Kung Fu merchandise here and well, even though I don't read German, I already have some of these on the way.

Batman Stunt Cycle by AHI- I'll never stop mooning over 70s rack toys, the wonderful card art and the drug store temptations. I've mentioned this before but i actually got locked in a drug store as a kid because i was sitting in the toy aisle obsessing over this crap and that had no effect on me whatsoever!

Chemtoy Playhouse Pantry- I remember loving these sets but now the nostalgia is all tied into the vintage design of all the packaging.

New Zoo Review Freddy the Frog Iron-On: New Zoo Review was on before "Star Blazers" (and after "Great Space Coaster") when I was a kid, so i never missed it even though I was too old for it. I developed a real crush on Emmy Jo (she was hawt!).

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Oh, that transfer brought a smile to my face and a rush of fond memories. I loved the New Zoo Revue when I was a kid. Still fun to see it on youtube.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Love when you reveal Kung Fu merchandise!
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

That Bionic Woman display is really nice but OUCH the price is way above my reach...
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

The Jamie figs are secured to Campbell's soup cans! Love it.

Images
    Kellog's Rice BUBBLES?!? Were they not called Rice Krispies somewhere, or was it changed at some point?

Seeing that up close shot of the Batman stunt cycle makes me think I MAY have owned it at some point, very briefly, when I was VERY young. I've seen pics of it before, but nothing has ever jogged that particular feeling, so I'm not sure...

Anyway, I love this feature. I just wanted to say that.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Mission Purse rules, wild!

Everything about the Batman Stunt Cycle makes my want to reclaim my childhood. If I made my own toys, I'd ape the style of the AHI rack toys. It's so perfectly, anti-perfect.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Kellog's Rice BUBBLES?!? Were they not called Rice Krispies somewhere, or was it changed at some point?
    After a quick search I found out they're called Kellogg's Rice Bubbles in Australia and New Zealand.

My sister had those fake groceries to go with her cardboard kitchen set she had.
    Not ashamed to say I spent quite a bit of time playing with that set with her.