• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Can we do a toy show list/calendar????

Just saw the Toytlanta post over in Mego Buzz:

Hello, I'm new to the Forum just joining yesterday. I am pretty enthused about getting more into collecting Mego after many years of collecting 12 inch figures, I have decided to turn my attention to collecting the 1:9 scale/Mego figures. I was just looking at the site for Toylanta 2020 which looks to be huge with 2 floors

and to me, it would be wonderful if we could have a list of shows all over the country (and planet?)
    that are upcoming, cause even now I am in a quandry about going to this show since I have C2E2 this month and St. Charles in April.
    and maybe a small review/description as to what kind of a show it is and caters too?

(IE; a "Hot Wheels show, a "GI Joe" show, etc,etc...)

I have been to San Jose, St. Charles and have yet to go to the Kalamazoo, the Toyman st. Louis show and Andy's toys St. Louis show
    which I have heard so many great things about.

There must be MORE out there, what do you guys thinks????
  • Barnabas Collins
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

I agree. So many of these things don't get publicized well and I never hear about them.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Years ago, I think we tried to do this but it, after initial enthusiasm, it kind of petered out.

I'm not saying we couldn't do it better, but the key would be who do the work? I think the admins here have enough on their plates already and I'm not sure even they could give it the Museum-level quality that it would require.

The last one was user created and maintained- I think it was just a continuous thread, but soon enough, people stopped contributing. AND even this type of model would require the oversight of the already-load carrying admins.

Like I said, I don't want to squash a good idea. Maybe an invite-only Facebook group that would simply list upcoming shows.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Somebody already does this - I will see if I can find the info.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Here it is - John Bohrer's FB group

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

Thanks, Hammer, that will help.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡