Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MEGO Dealers at Toylanta 2020????? Anyone??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jointwarrior89
    • Feb 3, 2020

MEGO Dealers at Toylanta 2020????? Anyone??

Hello, I'm new to the Forum just joining yesterday. I am pretty enthused about getting more into collecting Mego after many years of collecting 12 inch figures, I have decided to turn my attention to collecting the 1:9 scale/Mego figures.

I was just looking at the site for Toylanta 2020 which looks to be huge with 2 floors of toys and 25,000 square feet of dealer space. Does anyone here know who some of the vintage Mego sellers are that will be there if any? I'm sure some people aren't Mego sellers only but probably sell a lot of other stuff too, but I'd like to go to the dealers who have a decent Mego selection. Just curious as I'd like to visit some good Mego dealers as I am looking to add some Marvel heroes to the old Mego collection.

I also would like to know who are the best dealers in the community's humble opinion.

Cheers,
    Jon
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I've personally never been but it does seem at least from the videos and coverage I've seen to be a pretty decent vintage toy show. I would bet on yes that you'll be able to find some there but hopefully, someone who has attended will chime in...
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

It is a great vintage toy show and some dealers will be selling Mego vintage and new. My wife and I attend every year. This year it is moving to a new location for more space. Since Marty himself will be one of the special guests I expect we might see a lot of Mego at the show this year. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

It's been about 8 years since I attended. I hope to attend this year, solely due to Marty Abrams being one of the guests.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

I've been 3 out of the last 4 years and it's one of the best shows for vintage in my opinion. It started as a GI Joe convention but has grown greatly over the years ti include Joes, SMDM, Johnny West, Transformers, MOTU and more. This years show will be the first one in the new location. I have seen Megos there. I picked up a Lili Ledy Aquaman there last year.

I plan on being there on Sunday if all goes well.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

F***! look at the EXHIBITOR LIST!!!

this show may rival St. Charles!!

Comment

• jointwarrior89
              • Feb 3, 2020

Thanks everyone, for your great responses! Much appreciated. It sounds like a fantastic opportunity to meet other collectors and add to your collection!

Jon

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

Has anyone heard any update on this show, in light of coronavirus? No mention on their website.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

As far as I know it's stll on.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

Seen on Facebook it is now cancelled.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Yeah it sucks. Only show remotely close to me. Was really looking forward to it and seeing some Mego Museum members.

Comment

• Type Two
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 20, 2010

I hope they reconsider. I noticed that the mood on twitter has changed from "HOARD TOILET PAPER! THE END IS NEAR!" to "Eh, this is not as bad as we thought." I hope by Wednesday things might start to inch back to normal.
                        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by Type Two
                          I hope they reconsider. I noticed that the mood on twitter has changed from "HOARD TOILET PAPER! THE END IS NEAR!" to "Eh, this is not as bad as we thought." I hope by Wednesday things might start to inch back to normal.

While I can't know the future, I feel assured that as the volume of infected, sick, dying, and dead exponentially increase, no one will reconsider cancelling the show.

The people who are posting the likes of "Eh, this is not as bad as we thought" probably did not and likely are not capable of giving it much focused thought, sadly.

With a lot of luck and effort, perhaps some of us can attend in 2021. My washed hands have fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎