Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any other toy line heads that work with Mego 8" bodies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

At the worst, pop the torso and make a Mego 2.0 style head. Gorilla glue a Mego neck plug to the base or attach using any of the adapter plugs or wall anchors out there.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

laser mego sells an adapter for Pez to Mego
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Poor Will. Didn't even get a Pez dispenser.

Comment

• Plastic Vulcan
          • Apr 25, 2019

LOL

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          famous covers are mego sized heads on bigger bodies, if you can deal with all the screaming Rob Liefeld portraits on a lot of them.
          Hahaha! The Magneto and Dr. Doom sculpts were pretty good but yeah for the most part the rest of the male heads are all screaming for some reason.

Comment

• Palifan
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            Target had a Strangers things figure set maybe 7 inches tall. I think it should swap over to a Mego figure with some ingenuity.
            Thanks for the link but talking with my son he's keen to build Dustin's head using a different Mego style head and adding a hat rather than using something pre-existing. I thought those Pez heads would work well but I can tell his heart is set on building one himself.

Far be it for me to crush a 10 year olds dreams so it looks like I'm still on the hunt for something suitable to use as a base and then sculpt on the hair and add a hat. Maybe it's the start of a young scratch builder!

Ian

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I think I found a winner for you, CTVT's Peter Brady. I found one as I was going thru my heads.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Palifan
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 18, 2016

I think I found a winner for you, CTVT's Peter Brady. I found one as I was going thru my heads.
                Just looked it up and that does look like a really good one . Is this something you have for sale?

Ian

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I have one, but somewhere along the way I chopped the neck plug off. And I was looking for a ball cap I know I have, too.

Comment

• Palifan
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 18, 2016

I have one, but somewhere along the way I chopped the neck plug off. And I was looking for a ball cap I know I have, too.
                    Sounds good and do let me know if you want to sale it on. When you say ball cap, is that something for the neck plug or do you mean the style of cap Dustin wears?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Palifan
                      Sounds good and do let me know if you want to sale it on. When you say ball cap, is that something for the neck plug or do you mean the style of cap Dustin wears?
                      baseball cap. I will locate it today or so. It was from a Public Enemy figure. Its black so you'd have to paint it.

Comment

• Palifan
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jan 18, 2016

baseball cap. I will locate it today or so. It was from a Public Enemy figure. Its black so you'd have to paint it.
                        Great! Just let me know when you're ready and send me a PM with any payment detail. Remember I'm based in the UK as well in Bristol with a postcode of BS32 4RT which should help with shipping costs.

Thanks again and I know my son's going to be very happy.

Ian

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Not sure if this helps at all, but ctvt does sell baseball caps in different colors, if that's what you were looking for?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by TrekStar
                            Not sure if this helps at all, but ctvt does sell baseball caps in different colors, if that's what you were looking for?
                            You could also probably steal the cap off the Pez figure mentioned earlier.

Comment

• Palifan
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jan 18, 2016

I did manage to find a baseball cap which will work great although I have the Pez arriving soon so I'll take a look at that to see what works best. I'm still on the hunt for the head but I'm sure I can find something my son will be happy with soon enough.

Thanks again for all the help

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎