Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any other toy line heads that work with Mego 8" bodies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palifan
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 18, 2016

Are there any other toy line heads that work with Mego 8" bodies?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a certain type of look for a custom character and wondered if there were any other heads from other toy lines out there that people have used with the Mego 8" bodies?

I've seen other characters from old Remco lines for instance that I thought might work but I'm not sure if the scale is right or if there's a way to even attach them to the bodies.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for looking.

Ian
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

famous covers are mego sized heads on bigger bodies, if you can deal with all the screaming Rob Liefeld portraits on a lot of them.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I think MOTU Classics heads are Mego-scale.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

There are lots of options, depending on your tolerance for slightly larger/smaller... What are you looking for?

Comment

• Palifan
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by sprytel
          There are lots of options, depending on your tolerance for slightly larger/smaller... What are you looking for?
          Thanks for all the suggestions and I'm looking for something that will work for a curly haired kid (Dustin from Stranger things) and also a squared chin Clint Eastwood type of look. Any thoughts on those two would be great.

Ian

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

one of the menudo kids might work for Dustin

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Some PEZ heads work too and LaserMego sells neck adapters
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

You may not need to raid other toylines.

If you are doing him as an 8" figure, I think CTVT Ralph Malph resembles Dustin and could be easily modified... especially if you plan on throwing a cap on him.

As for the other, the Batman '66 Shame figure jumps to mind. I have toyed with the idea of making a Jonah Hex out of that. I think Austin may even sell a custom Clint head, though, if you are looking for him specifically.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I think MOTU Classics heads are Mego-scale.
                  Really?! I didn’t know that. I thought they’d be too small. May have to check these out.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Palifan
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 18, 2016

These are some great ideas guys so thank you so much for all the help. I'll look up the various suggestions to see what would work best and I did wonder about the Pez heads as they even make a Stranger Things one of those although it almost feels to much like cheating if I was to use one.

Always nice to have something new to research so looking forward to the hunt

Ian

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                      Really?! I didn’t know that. I thought they’d be too small. May have to check these out.
                      Dwayne advised me of such so I'm sure it's true. Don't know how they attach, though. I need a Beastman...
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 3, '20, 5:49 PM.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

I know there were some great customs with using heads from those Funko Savage Worlds figures (the ones that look like MOTU), but I think they are intentionally slightly oversized for that body. I'm not sure a vintage He-Man would be in scale.

I think they made bigger MOTU in one of the recent previous reboots. He may have been referring to those?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                          I know there were some great customs with using heads from those Funko Savage Worlds figures (the ones that look like MOTU), but I think they are intentionally slightly oversized for that body. I'm not sure a vintage He-Man would be in scale.

I think they made bigger MOTU in one of the recent previous reboots. He may have been referring to those?
                          MOTU Classics, not vintage.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

In the past I have used the LJN heads, you just have to trim the neck plugs a little.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

Target had a Strangers things figure set maybe 7 inches tall. I think it should swap over to a Mego figure with some ingenuity.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎