Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell's Doctor Specktor, Occult Detective?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I may try contacting DH. I doubt a second printing is planned since 2012.
    The Hellboy book I mentioned was published in 13 and went oop in 15 I think, I recently found it at retail again so it came back.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Very crestfallen today: I was going to treat myself and order vols. 1-4 of Dark Horse's Spektor archives.

I find that Vol. 4 cannot be had for love or money, I don't have enough money and the other option is unseemly.

For OCD Me, an incomplete set is not an option.
      Unless you're looking for high grade Scott, the entire series of vintage comics can be found easily on eBay and they're not too expensive. I picked up that Mummy cover I posted for $3 and some change.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I dig, but I'm kind of snobbishly predisposed to HC collections. I've read a few issues online and liked them a lot.

I was so surprised at vol. 4--scant print run?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          The Hellboy book I mentioned was published in 13 and went oop in 15 I think, I recently found it at retail again so it came back.
          Good to know!
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

I dig, but I'm kind of snobbishly predisposed to HC collections. I've read a few issues online and liked them a lot.

I was so surprised at vol. 4--scant print run?
            Books like that are pretty much print to preorder in the direct market now (as are almost all comics these days). DC just scaled back their trade paperback program a bit, and it was mentioned that each successive volume in a series loses between 1/3 to 1/2 sales of the previous volume on average, which is why so many of the series DC were reprinting got cancelled over a few volumes, sales just weren't there to justify the print runs. If the same is true of Dark Horse, the print run on vol. 4 may indeed have been minuscule. A lot of brick and mortar stores will order volume 1 and maybe volume 2 of a series to keep on the shelves, but only order later volumes to meet preorders since it's unlikely someone new will pick up a series with later volumes, so finding later volumes in series can always be a bit dodgy (and can get pricey in some cases).

The great thing about this day and age in comics is just about anything you might want will get collected at some point, the bad thing is that sales on a lot of it is so low leading to print runs so small that you may never see it if you don't preorder or get it immediately when released.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I found 1-3 as a set at a good price, which means I will probably do something intemperate for vol 4.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I received vols. 1-3 today--a quick glace through has me impressed and excited to begin reading. I expected slightly better paper, though--I guess I'm used to DC & Marvel archives. It does a bit of a disservice to reproducing the painted covers.

I see Dagar has been reprinted, too.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎