Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC's latest reboot

Images

Supermanlogo DC's latest reboot

I don't know why I'm even mildly interested in how this goes, even from afar. Scott Lobdell's involvement doesn't inspire my confidence any further, but the image of classic Batman (with the oval) and Robin piqued my interest just a little bit.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/d...ay-may-2-2020/

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    Oh, but it's "epic" and "seismic-level."

Blog Entries
    Let's reboot every other month!

It's part of the DC FCBD offering, so I will likely check it out. I really liked the Wonder Woman story in #750 kicking off her new timeline, and as along as the result is stories I like to read, I could care less about what they do with overall continuity anyways-trying to fit all of Superman's adventures into a timespan where he is eternally 29 results in him having to have about 134 adventures a day to get them all to fit with that passage of time, so it's all utter ridiculousness anyways. Unless you are going to have characters, grow, age, change, retire and be replaced, there's no sense in trying to make every story fit anyways. Just tell good stories, the rest will take care of itself. The Siegel and Shuster Superman bears little resemblance to the Weisenger era Superman as even though there was no "reboot" they were essentially different characters reflecting the sensibilities of different times, not the same character evolving as a result of the stories told in a single continuity. Continuity has always been a fan creation and only really entered into comics when fans grew up and started writing comics.

-M

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thank god for reprints.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    It...gets...tiresome...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It's part of the DC FCBD offering, so I will likely check it out. I really liked the Wonder Woman story in #750 kicking off her new timeline, and as along as the result is stories I like to read, I could care less about what they do with overall continuity anyways-trying to fit all of Superman's adventures into a timespan where he is eternally 29 results in him having to have about 134 adventures a day to get them all to fit with that passage of time, so it's all utter ridiculousness anyways. Unless you are going to have characters, grow, age, change, retire and be replaced, there's no sense in trying to make every story fit anyways. Just tell good stories, the rest will take care of itself. The Siegel and Shuster Superman bears little resemblance to the Weisenger era Superman as even though there was no "reboot" they were essentially different characters reflecting the sensibilities of different times, not the same character evolving as a result of the stories told in a single continuity. Continuity has always been a fan creation and only really entered into comics when fans grew up and started writing comics.

-M
    Me too.,count me in.this will be the best DC FCBD offering yet!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Thank god for reprints.
    Indeed!

The Marvel True Believer series and the DC Dollar Comics keep me pretty happy.

Images
    Apparently DC head honcho Dan DiDio recently admitted at a con, that DC's Dollar reprints and Facsimile editions were outselling their NEW comics...which is really, really sad. But you think that would give them a clue.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    ^ That's definitely sad