X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Starblazers gumball machine card from Japan- As any loyal reader of this blog might know, I have a gigantic love for Star Blazers. Also, I had zero merchandise as a kid. Had I seen this display of Japanese Keshi as a child, I'd have mugged old ladies (namely my grandmother) for quarters until I had every single character and ship on this card, AHGHHHH!

Logan's Run Iron On Transfer- I've had some bad luck with vintage Iron-Ons lately but I'm sorely tempted by this original one from the 1970s.

Fantasy Island Poster Art Set- I love all things Fantasy Island and feel like I should point this out, even though I feel the seller might be a little optimistic about that price? I know there is a modest budget horror movie coming out but hey fella, calm down. Still, this is a beautiful set by Craft Master.

Vintage Star Wars Promo poster from Cascade- I've never seen these before and I miss the era when we'd bug our moms to buy a certain brand of dishwashing detergent because...Star Wars! I think I just miss caring about stuff like this in general.

Big Jim store display from Germany- I'm not certain about the price of this but I love Big Jim and Store displays so I felt like sharing it with the world. If you are into Big Jim and have Richie Rich's allowance, here you go!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Definitely would've freaked out over those Star Blazers toys as a kid!
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

That Star Wars poster is iconic to me. I still recall the store display for the detergent promotion. That particular one survived being on my wall throughout my childhood. I always thought the Rebel pilots were stopping their daily business to watch the saber duel with smiles on their faces. I just love these. Obi-Wan looks so tough. It's now on my wall in the garage. Luckily, I picked up all three in unused condition a few years ago.

I too would've lost my mind over the Star Blazers toys.

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

I like seeing the Fantasy Island items, but it does seem odd to have a poster to color that is basically two men in white with black ties.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

I had all those old posters.
          They were so great.

I miss the days when they used some imagination on things like that, instead of carefully curated images to set just the right tone.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Love the Big Jim balloon!!

Comment

• acrovader
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2011

I had that SW poster. And the other one which featured C3P0 and R2.
              I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎