X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

RIP General Buzz

Sorry, but this area is now just the "someone/something died/is dying" portion of the board now. Can we get some more fun topics?!
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

Approximately 150,000 people die each and every day. RIP.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
      Sorry, but this area is now just the "someone/something died/is dying" portion of the board now. Can we get some more fun topics?!
      I'm on it!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Santa Hat Cat

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

It has been pretty somber in here. It'll pick up after tax season!

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I don't mind the RIP threads

It's a sharp contrast to the old pre-internet days when most B actors died in obscurity because they weren't currently relevant enough to be talked about on mainstream TV and newspapers.

General Buzz provides them with a dignified eulogy for all to read

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

More people die in winter, it's a weird phenomenon, we actually add more sympathy cards to our mix. It's an industry standard.

We should spruce this section up with more threads about how we hate all modern movies and tv.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I was trying to figure out who General Buzz was. I figured he was an old cable host like Commander USA.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

^hahaha....I.thought it was an old member couldn't recall!

"Buzz was the guy who mastered cufflinks for Alter Ego figures..."

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

You guys are making me laugh, thank you.

Rather than death, we could celebrate an incredible life... I could start another John Williams adoration thread, since he just won his 25th Grammy for the Galaxy's Edge composition for the Disney Parks.... Seriously, the guy is amazing at age 87!!!

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

General Aloysius G Buzzcock was born in 1900 in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

He bravely fought in 2 World Wars and was awarded the Victoria Cross of Canada

Today he is in semi-retirement spending most of his time updating and editing his internet forum, "General Buzz"

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

Well I directly tried to talk about toys in the RIP Natalie Trundy thread, but apparently either no one else remembered who she was or lusted for her in plastic as I. Hah!

So how about an emoji; I hear the younger generations just love them?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I posted an RIP thread for John Karlen of Dark Shadows in the Movie Monster section, and it's RIP as well, with no responses.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

I'm not saying we shouldn't pay tribute to people, but at the same time, just IMO, the RIP threads have gotten more and more prevalent, ESPECIALLY in General buzz (though they have bled some into other areas) and it just makes visiting certain areas depressing. Obviously I don't want to police what people post, but I can't be the only one who stops coming to certain areas just because that's all it is. If there are more threads about other things, it will likely drive a bit more interaction as the RIP threads don't really end up sparking much conversation anyway, to be quite honest. What more can you say about anyone dying beyond. "That's sad, RIP, I liked him/her in this" etc.

I love forums and this place has always been fun, but we are certainly reaching an age where a lot of iconic people will start passing away. But the more it's posted about the more I think people just become numb to it and run out of things to say. Whereas other conversations have a tendency to spark more, well, actual discussion.

But again, just my .2 on the matter.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                              I'm not saying we shouldn't pay tribute to people, but at the same time, just IMO, the RIP threads have gotten more and more prevalent, ESPECIALLY in General buzz (though they have bled some into other areas) and it just makes visiting certain areas depressing. Obviously I don't want to police what people post, but I can't be the only one who stops coming to certain areas just because that's all it is. If there are more threads about other things, it will likely drive a bit more interaction as the RIP threads don't really end up sparking much conversation anyway, to be quite honest. What more can you say about anyone dying beyond. "That's sad, RIP, I liked him/her in this" etc.

I love forums and this place has always been fun, but we are certainly reaching an age where a lot of iconic people will start passing away. But the more it's posted about the more I think people just become numb to it and run out of things to say. Whereas other conversations have a tendency to spark more, well, actual discussion.

But again, just my .2 on the matter.
                              I usually just click on new posts when I come to the site rather than going forum by forum, so I really have no sense of which posts are in which forum for the most part, so never noticed a proliferation of RIP threads being in the general buzz per se. The few I posted didn't seem to belong in any other particular forum, so went to the General Buzz which seems to be a catch all for stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Since a lot of the toy, movie, comics, events, and other fun stuff discussed around here all have dedicated forums for them, that kind of stuff never seems to make its way to the General Buzz, leaving only that odd assortment of stuff to populate it, of which the RIP type threads seem to be the most common sort that don't have a dedicated forum for them.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎