X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Mr. Hyde preview

They are apparently still deciding on the skin color, but this is the sculpt.

Personally, I don't care for it at all. Doesn't look like any Hyde to me.

• jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

I like the yellow tint over the green.
    Agreed, it doesn't smack of anything looking like a Hyde-like character however.
    I do think the sculpt has a certain weird charm to it.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Your right, I do see a strong evil man that Mr. Hyde was. I do see a sickly version of Dr. Jekyll...maby

Well here is hoping that the outfit will look better than the face or this is a pass.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

For a wave that was originally due out in January and delayed by Chinese New Year Mego sure is dragging its feet getting these beyond the prototype phase, seems like paints should have been already decided on and in progress. I do like the head, I am guessing/hoping that the hair is matted down to allow for a top hat.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          For a wave that was originally due out in January and delayed by Chinese New Year Mego sure is dragging its feet getting these beyond the prototype phase, seems like paints should have been already decided on and in progress. I do like the head, I am guessing/hoping that the hair is matted down to allow for a top hat.
          Yeah, you're probably right. A top hat might go a long way to making the face look better too.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Seems more like a Distinctive Dummies figure, than an official Mego.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

there is a solicit for a scary stories to tell in the dark "Harold" in the Mego assortment. Could this be him? I don't see how anybody in Mego could further this along and pass it as a Mr. Hyde. It looks like a creepy Don Knotts.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                there is a solicit for a scary stories to tell in the dark "Harold" in the Mego assortment. Could this be him? I don't see how anybody in Mego could further this along and pass it as a Mr. Hyde. It looks like a creepy Don Knotts.
                I can vehemently confirm that this is not the Harold sculpt.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                  It looks like a creepy Don Knotts.
                  I thought the exact same thing! I hear Scooby say his name every time I look at the picture.
                  Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jan 27, '20, 8:13 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I like this well enough and prefer the sallow complexion. Hyde need not always look troglodytic. This dissipated version is nice. And I agree, a hat would serve it well.

I hope the coat is an Inverness version.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 27, '20, 7:23 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

He looks like he'd make a good assistant to a Mad Scientist figure.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I'm kind of 50/50 on this, I like the greenish complexion but not to much the look, its more goofy than creepy.

I was hoping more for a Boris Karloff A&B look or even the Fredric March look from the 1932 version.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

I must have classic Who on the brain, because I get a Patrick Troughton as Hyde vibe from that sculpt (even though he never played him to my knowledge).

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• alex
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 15, 2009

I was kinda hoping we would get a two sided head depending om who we wanted.

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 28, 2007

Looks like it was loosely based on the Barrymore Hyde. Or possibly the 1912 Hyde. Sorry, dont know how to post pics.

https://www.harpodeon.com/newharpo/photos/lewisjekyll_screen2.jpg

Might look better when roto cast etc..instead of chunky hand casted and painting. Color swap just looks like a filter. Very dissapointed.
                              Last edited by Count Creepyhead; Jan 28, '20, 9:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎