X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Wonder Woman Collapsing Tower Playset

This week we take an in-depth look at the 1976 “Comic Action Heroes” set “Collapsing Tower and Invisible Plane” featuring Wonder Woman and her arch-enemy, the Penguin? Visit us online at : http://www.megomuseum.com Twitter: @megomuseum Facebook Group: Mego Mania

More...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I’ve never owned one, but I’ve always thought the Mego Invisible Jet is a great toy. As you said, Mego was firing on all cylinders here.

The set looks like a lot of fun and that was a great video.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Looking forward to this one. This set has a been a great centerpiece for my and Cindy's joint collection for years.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Is that Isaac that Wonder Woman is rescuing with the rope ladder?

Of all the CAH playsets, I liked this one the least. That's saying something for the quality of the playsets because I love this one!! I was never a big fan of the CAH or PH figures but I loved the playsets.

Another cool video. I appreciate the background on Mego's reasons for venturing into the 3&3/4" world.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

this was the only set I had as a kid. Loved that jet. I have no idea what ever became of the figures. they must have broken and gotten tossed because otherwise I kept all of my toys that survived, into adulthood

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I think this is the CA playset I like best, and that is some great art!

Ach, I can't fully express how much I want a 1/9 jet for WW, it's so nice to see this version up-close.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

To bad Mego never added the Invisible Jet to thier 8" vehicles line, how cool that would have been, although I guess with some great minds here, it could be done?

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

The one set that has eluded me for 30 years.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎