X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Walmart carrying retro model kits.

So cool! I cannot even remember how long it's been since Walmart has carried actual model kits.

MPC Godzilla kit

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Wow! That's TERRIFIC! I hope they get the Gigantics again. I am in need of the Mantis.

Comment

• shazam7208
      Career Member
      • Oct 28, 2008

Sweet...can't wait to check these out!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Fantastic! I'm so excited to see figural stuff like the Godzilla kit, which is new to me.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 26, '20, 10:57 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

It's just so off the wall unexpected and fun. I mean, my goodness, there's an AMT 77 Pinto in that display. That's absolutely glorious.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

They've had them for awhile now. I thought they were just something they would have for the holidays. Glad to know they still have them.

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

Is that a model of Godzilla, the jeep or both?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by phil
                Is that a model of Godzilla, the jeep or both?
                at the scale on the front its just the Jeep.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

straight from the instagram page Werewolf linked to:
                  they came across the new Godzilla 1/25th scale model kit Planetary Defense Jeep, complete with cardboard Godzilla backdrop. $20 and hitting Walmarts now! That old school artwork is def worth it alone!

So just a jeep model and a cardboard pic of Zilla. RIF
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

In my neck of the woods I have seen the Godzilla jeep in addition to 2-3 different repro Pirate models at Wal-Mart.
                    Upon scanning the items with their laser Price Finder, they're $15 each at the store I was at, but it may have been a reduced price.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Jeep model is a ripoff for Godzilla people cause many will buy it thinking it's a model of Godzilla

Reminds me of the Hogan's Heroes Jeep model kit --- I don't think an American Jeep ever even appeared on the show

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

In case anyone's interested, Polar Lights has reissued their large Godzilla kit, the Lindberg Godzilla, and the monsters of the Movies King Ghidorah and Rodan.

Polar Lights is also reissuing the old MPC Haunted Mansion kits, now called Haunted Manor.

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

Mikey, you are so correct. I was about to purchase the Godzilla model before my wife explained how the *small* boxed Jeep model did not also contain a scaled Godzilla. Super cool art on all the model kits. I'm super embarrassed to admit I didn't figure out how the Godzilla Jeep excluded him before she had.

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

I had a feeling it was just the jeep for that price. The artwork with Godzilla is fun.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 15, 2012

I'm happy to see models distributed to more places. I'm lucky to have what appears to be a thriving local hobby shop. Most places don't and the only alternative is the small selection at Michaels or Hobby Lobby or online.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎