X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Brainiac 2?

Anyone ever see a complete picture of this guy? He may have only appeared in Superman 167. Asking for a friend........

• mpramuk
    Museum Patron
    • Nov 24, 2007

Per Wikipedia:

Vril Dox, also known as Brainiac 2, is a fictional character published by DC Comics. He first appeared in Superman #167 (February 1964), and was created by Edmond Hamilton, Cary Bates, and Curt Swan.

He is the heir of Brainiac, one of Superman's greatest foes. He is an ancestor of Querl Dox, Brainiac 5 of the Legion of Super-Heroes. Vril Dox first appeared in a story entitled "The Deadly Duo! - The Team of Luthor and Brainiac!". He was later resurrected in Invasion! #1 (January 1989), by Keith Giffen, Bill Mantlo, and Todd McFarlane. However, rather than being the adopted son of Brainiac, due to changes in Post-Crisis continuity, he is now a clone of Brainiac.

He went on to star in L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 (February 1989) through L.E.G.I.O.N. '94 (September 1994) by Keith Giffen, Alan Grant, and Barry Kitson. He returned in the follow-up series R.E.B.E.L.S. '94 (October 1994) through R.E.B.E.L.S. '96 (March 1996) by Tom Peyer and Arnie Jorgensen, and the subsequent series R.E.B.E.L.S. (2009-2011).

VrilDoxII_Superman167.jpg
    Last edited by mpramuk; Jan 25, '20, 11:13 AM.
    Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
    Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Sorry, I should have said that guy in "that" costume. I want to make one, but I have no idea what the bottom half of his outfit is supposed to be. If it was never shown I can just wing it.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Hammer, are you sure it's Superman 167? I just read that issue online, it features a Luthor/Brainiac team-up and an extensive flashback reworking of Brainiac's origin. But I didn't see Brainiac 2 in it.

Your pic suggests that he's voting, might it be a Legion/Superboy story?
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 25, '20, 11:47 AM. Reason: Missed your second post, sorry.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mpramuk
            Museum Patron
            • Nov 24, 2007

I went through the online issue and he does't seem to appear.

http://https://readcomiconline.to/Co...e-167?id=15985
            Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
            Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I dunno. It does look like a very Legionesque pose.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm almost certain I've seen that somewhere. I seem to recall wondering why a Coluan would need a helmet.

And yes, it's like he's on a panel to decide if Insect Queen gets to be a member.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

He wears Zubaz on his lower half.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

The image is from L.E.G.I.O.N. Annual vol. 1 issue 5 (the second story)
                    legion achives.jpg

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/L-E...-5?id=90706#29
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                      Career Member
                      • May 14, 2007

I was expecting yellow boots:
                      brainac2a.jpg
                      brainac2b.jpg
                      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Thank you - mystery solved!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡