Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Pattinson’s Batmobile will be a muscle car not a tank...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Wee67
    I realize the tank may make more sense but I definitely prefer a muscle car.

Maybe customize a '69 Charger

Or maybe a 770 Equus Bass

69 Dodge Charger 440 HP really cooked and is a sweet machine, to me it looks more like something the Green Hornet would drive and wasn't this the year make and model for the General Lee or was it the 68 Charger?

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

I'm looking forward to this, and I'm fine seeing Pattinson as a young batman. Though weird to have Serkis in it and not be penquin. I assume they are doing emperor penquin for Farrell. To be honest, I was not a fan of the Nolan trilogy of bat films, even though doing a "batman in the real world" approach was a cool idea, I like my comic book movies to be as escapist fantasy as possible.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I immediately thought of Emperor Penguin, too. I'm disgruntled.

The one man alive who's perfect for the role--Toby Huss--will likely never get a chance to play the classic character.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 25, '20, 11:50 PM. Reason: Toby JONES--d'oh!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Yeah, I immediately thought of Emperor Penguin, too. I'm disgruntled.

The one man alive who's perfect for the role--Toby Huss--will likely never get a chance to play the classic character.
          Toby Huss is a great actor... I loved him in "Halt and Catch Fire"... but I would never have thought of him for Penguin. For isntance, his build does not seem very Pengy-like. What made you lock in on him as the "perfect" choice?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Jones. Toby Jones. Jeez, I'm losing it lol.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Makes way more sense. Waugh waugh!

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

^Quite like the Batmobile of the '70s "penthouse/downtown Batcave" era.
                One of my favorite batmobiles!

Batmobile 70s.jpg

As to the muscle car look, I always thought the first iteration batmobile on the animated The Batman had a muscle car vibe to it more than most typical batmobile designs:

Batmobile The Batman.jpg

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

That is too funny. Jones would be an excellent Penguin. As for Toby Huss, I'll always think of him as a different hero- Artie, the strongest man... in the world!!
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I think Robert Pattinson will be a GREAT BATMAN. I'm very much looking to this movie, but I still don't understand changing Jim Gordon into a black Dude...especially when you alreay have great character like Luis Fox to fill the diversity quota. To me Gary Oldman was "spot on" casting as Gordon...it's a shame he couldn't come back.

Anyway, back to the car. I'd like to see a Neal Adams style 1960 Corvette Batmobile.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by knight errant00
                      One of my favorite batmobiles!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27434[/ATTACH]

As to the muscle car look, I always thought the first iteration batmobile on the animated The Batman had a muscle car vibe to it more than most typical batmobile designs:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27435[/ATTACH]
                      YUP! That's the one!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎