Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Pattinson’s Batmobile will be a muscle car not a tank...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Robert Pattinson’s Batmobile will be a muscle car not a tank...

Promising start already...

sigpic
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Awesome. I really can't wait to see what they do with Batman. I hope it can balance in some fun. I'd love to see Bruce continue the good fight with enthusiasm instead of prolonged misery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

The director is supposed to be a huge fan of the 66 series so hopefully there are some touches of it in the designs. Be really cool if DC did a 360 and went all bright and West-like in the movie
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

They kind of did that in the '90s and I was not all that fond of the Schumacher films--particularly the last.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

^Indeed, it's a slippery slope, isn't it? But I suspect audiences might just be ready for a Batman with just a dash of levity in how he behaves. I can think of a lot of key art from Neal Adams and Jose Garcia Lopez that features a Batman who smiles.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Schumacher captured none of the charm, his movies were almost like someone described the show to him instead of being a fan. And I still stand beside my theory that the Dark Knight Returns was Miller's take on an old Adam West Batman
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

I realize the tank may make more sense but I definitely prefer a muscle car.

Maybe customize a '69 Charger

Or maybe a 770 Equus Bass

Last edited by Wee67; Jan 25, '20, 5:52 PM.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^Quite like the Batmobile of the '70s "penthouse/downtown Batcave" era.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Yeah, love those!!! ^^^^^^^
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

The Batman will be based, at least loosely, on the Jeph Loeb-penned limited series The Long Halloween. Published between 1996 and 1997 and featuring art by comics great Tim Sale, the series is set in the early days of the Dark Knight's crime-fighting career (as The Batman is known to be), and features Bats shaking down Gotham's criminals while investigating a series of brutal murders.

According to WGTC's report, Pattinson's Batsuit will feature a look very similar to the one Sale created for The Long Halloween. We're talking a grey suit with traces of black (especially in the mask), with a large black Bat-emblem on the chest; a big, billowy blue cape with a blue cowl, and very long, pointy ears.

Also, people hate on Pattinson...but check some of his indie work, he’s a good actor. Plus he has that chiseled jawline that’s complimentary to the cowl...

A Photoshop composite of Pattinson under the cowl...

I’m digging how this is progressing so far.

Plus like T-Bolt said, the director is a fan of the 60s show.

Crossing fingers...
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Quite a fan of The Long Halloween.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Long Halloween is ok, but man that's a lot to jam in two hours. I'm kind of iffy on the Penguin casting too.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

It could work...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I like the casting of Paul Dano as the Riddler.

Fan art...

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

I don't hate Pattinson at all.

I suppose it's hard not to use the comics as inspiration, but there has got to be a new way to do Batman that we haven't seen. One that will delight audiences and give them a ride they'll want to enjoy again and again.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎