X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on eBay this week

Bigfoot and Wildboy T-Shirt Iron ON- One of my favorite Saturday mornings shows growing up, even though I do wonder how it ever got made. They were the greatest Father and Adopted Son Superhero duo next to Batman and whathisface.

Planet of the Apes Dr. Zaius- Mix 'N Mold set: As a Planet of the Apes fan, I can't believe I've never owned one of these especially considering how you can find some of them (like the good doctor here) for a decent price. This will become a problem once I pay off my Christmas credit cards.

Imperial Toys Rubber "Grizzly" from the movie "Grizzly"- Remember when everyone tried to get the next "Jaws"? Well Grizzly was "Jaws" but with a bear! Imperial Toys flush with Jaws money scooped up the licensed for it and made rubber bears. Nobody really cared and Grizzly is something of a forgotten exploitation gem but I personally love stuff like this.

Universal Studios Jaws Pennant- Oh I don't know what i like more, the original Jaws or that ride. I went on that thing on my honeymoon for crapssakes. This pennant is tempting but this is post-Christmas so my budget probably won't do.

Black Hole Humanoid Mask from Italy- As readers of this blog know, I adore Disney's "The Black Hole" and seeing this children's mask of the lobotomized slaves of Dr. Reinhart (SPOILERS) is just so wonderfully wrong-headed. I will have to own one of these someday....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I cannot believe I forgot about the Bigfoot and Wildboy. Those just might have to become ReMegos soon.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Loved Bigfoot and Wildboy. One of my favourites.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

I'm one Apes Mix 'N Mold from the set, but beware, sellers have NO CLUE how to properly pack these. Three times I received a old toxic plaster bombs in the mail! Kinda silly, after all the only things of coolness/use are the boxes and the molds; the rest of the contents are throwaways.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That Grizzly figure is scarier than the bear that chased Bjork in the "Human Behavior" video. Yikes!!!

Fun stuff as always. That Humanoid mask is cool, even if you aren't into The Black Hole.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Confessional
            I'm one Apes Mix 'N Mold from the set, but beware, sellers have NO CLUE how to properly pack these. Three times I received a old toxic plaster bombs in the mail! Kinda silly, after all the only things of coolness/use are the boxes and the molds; the rest of the contents are throwaways.
            My one attempt to buy one of these was at a flea market in Buffalo, the dude was unbelievably miserable with me. I had spent $100 and I think he felt his prices were too low and he was doing me a big favour, he really woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day. I picked up the Peter Burke kit and before i could ask, all the powder started pouring out. I just put it down and left before he screamed at me.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

^^ LMAO with hot coffee dribbling out! Flea market adventures… things were always more angry in the gray of Buffalo!

It's also worth mentioning for anyone interested in these, ye ole Catalog Shoppe reversed the names on the Burke and Virdon boxes but the best surprise is that one of the Zaius molds is actually the Lawgiver. I'm hording these to recast them in something more permanent.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                That Grizzly figure is scarier than the bear that chased Bjork in the "Human Behavior" video.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

That is one messed up bear. You can tell he is just not right.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Love the pennant as well! For me, it has a part vintage Universal Jaws and a 70’s Sea World feel.

How many great things can be said about that Bigfoot and Wildboy iron-on? It really is the bees knees. If I had it, I’m sure I’d put it on a shirt, as long as it’s still in good enough shape to be transferred.

- Ian
                    Last edited by EmergencyIan; Jan 24, '20, 3:01 PM. Reason: Typo
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

I'm always astounded at the amount of Black Hole merchandise that is new to me. That humanoid mask is... obviously appealing, yet aesthetically devoid of anything to suggest Disney space movie. It's just horrifyingly blank. Perhaps more so than the original costume mask. It haunts me.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I'd have loved that BF & WB shirt and been teased mercilessly for having it.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Someone should try doing a Bigfoot & WildBoy customs, and I had that Grizzly Bear but don't remember it looking like that.

Comment

• J.B.
                            Guild Navigator
                            • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            That is one messed up bear. You can tell he is just not right.
                            It looks like the mutated bear from Prophecy.
                            You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎