Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Bars: 1976

Plaid Stallions Home Bars: 1976

I know it sounds weird but home bars filled with weird swizzle sticks and glasses from "You keep the glass" specials at restaurants feel like childhood to me and always will...

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

This was a stable on tv shows during this era.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Be a doll and make me a 7 and 7
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    These helped define not just the look of a lot of 70's homes, but also the culture of the decade. We were kids in the 70's so it makes sense these would take us back. I have to admit, though, it also takes me back t on of the first times I realized my mom was a human, too. An adult human, doing what adult humans did in the 70's (shudder).

Interesting that none of these pictures have ashtrays in them. Were cigarettes falling out of fashion that early? I think my mom gave up her Virginia Slims around '76.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post

Interesting that none of these pictures have ashtrays in them. Were cigarettes falling out of fashion that early? I think my mom gave up her Virginia Slims around '76.
    Now that you mention it, around the mid 70's is when our local drive-in/ice cream parlor stopped carrying candy cigarettes
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monitor_ep View Post
    This was a stable on tv shows during this era.
    Maude!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I remember Lou Grant getting his drink on in his office.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

My parents still had their bar and all the decorative bottles and bar utensils and whatnot right up until 2017 when we sold their house....I was gonna clean it up and put it in my house but I didnt really have any place to put it...

Images
    Yeah, we had one, hand crafted by my father. Ice bucket, utensils, swizzle sticks, lamp which said "Bar" on the spherical glass shade... the works.

(Edit: Example of a lamp similar to the one we had... after a quick search it seems there were so many of these with the same shade but a great many different bases.)

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jan 24, '20 at 12:13 PM.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

^^ My dad locked two of those "Bar" lamps down too!

Where I'm from, pretty much all working class families were striving to have a 8 track hi-fi, pool table, leather furniture and one of these tricked-out bars. Ahh, the American dream was alive and well!