X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

LOTR - Gandalf the Grey

Hey everyone!

Here, I am presenting an update to another figure in my Lord of the Rings series--Gandalf the Grey!

Currently, he is still very much a work in progress--though certain much better than he used to be:

Gandalf has recently undergone a complete hair and beard replacement:

I have also added trim to his cloak using silvery ribbon:

I am looking forward to seeing this project to completion, and I believe his hat is next on the list!
    There's more to come, and thanks for checking it out! Feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The revised hairgoods are amazing!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Really like the updated hair!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Absolutely beautiful, what a great job you did on updating the hair, sweet custom.

Comment

• Beatlemania
          • Sep 28, 2014

UPDATE - Finished Robe with New Belt/Scabbard

Hello again, all!

I have with me another new update from earlier tonight! I have recently put the finishing touches on his robe, and I have also sewn and attached his belt!

Somehow, the simple addition of the belt has made such a major difference in how he looks so far!

Frodo certain seems to think so, now enjoying a taste of Longbottom Leaf with the old wizard.
          Also featured above is Gandalf's new sword and scabbard.

Again, I hope to tackle Gandalf's cloak and hat within good time! Thanks for checking this out again! I love seeing everyone's wonderful comments and feedback!
          Last edited by Beatlemania; Jan 23, '20, 1:05 AM.

Comment

• Beatlemania
            • Sep 28, 2014

UPDATE - New Riding Cloak and the Beginnings of a Hat!

Hello everyone!

I've made a lot of progress with Gandalf the past week, and would love to share what I've done!
            First off, we've made a silky, light-blue outer cloak to be worn over his wizard robes.

I love the way it has come out, though I may go back and make it slightly longer--about knee length; I am not quite sure yet.
            We have also been working on his pointed hat! Surprisingly, it's really weird to try and cut out a cone shape to a specific diameter and height, but I think we made it work!

We're hoping to work on the final fabric hat later this week! Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎