X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: GI Joe's' The Intruders

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Before Destro, before Cobra Commander and just a year before Gor King of the Terrons, GI joe met his first official bad guy in the Intruders, Strong Men from another world. The Intruders are alien cavemen who want to take over the world and probably get some shoes. Hosted and edited by Brian Heiler (@plaidstallions) www.plaidstallions.com PlaidStallions Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Plaidstallionsdotcom/ Plaidstallions facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/2226...id=27626183076 Twitter: @plaidstallions[/COLOR]For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

The Intruder Commander was my wrestling champion as a kid. Because he was too short I made him play with the 8 inch guys. He had wrestling wars with Zaius, Superman, AJ and a bunch of the LJN WWF guys too. Intruder’s theme song was......(wait for it)......Crushin’ by the Fat Boys! LOL
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally, AT Joe and the Intruder were beneath my childhood toy radar--it was Mego and SMDM for me until Star Wars hit.

Now, I have a lovely boxed Palitoy Intruder and a (IMO) fantastic 12" custom Intruder--those heads pop right onto Geyper repro muscle bodies!

I was contemptuous of the Intruders' size until I read somewhere that Hasbro had originally intended to resize GI Joe to 10" and the Intruder, at about 9.5", was developed as a foe. Perhaps this was due to the influence of Big Jim or the increasing cost of plastic. This was abandoned, but --already tooled--the Intruders were still released. I think they play well with Big Jim and the later, smaller Super Joe.

As always, really enjoyed the video.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 22, '20, 6:40 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 12, 2016

I'm a huge gi joe Adventure Team collector and while I agree the size and design of the intruder is not great, I felt my collection wouldn't be complete without him....I have the big trapper, pursuit craft and capture copter....plus atomic man and bulletman....So I had to have the intruder....a comment was made some time ago that maybe Hasbro originally intended the intruder to be part of the super joe line since he is more in their scale....
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

What I find funny is that if no one wants these,why isn't Ebay flooded with them?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            What I find funny is that if no one wants these,why isn't Ebay flooded with them?
            Oh, they're pretty collectible now but loose they're like $50 tops.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

Best intro ever!
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

You've got a nice looking Bulletman there too.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• acrovader
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2011

Tis a shame that they couldn't have proper villains in the line instead of these out-of-scale, limited articulation Intruders. Seems that much of the pre-Star Wars toy lines were pretty skimpy on villains (not including Super Heroes).
                  I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• acrovader
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2011

Tis a shame that they couldn't have proper villains in the line instead of these out-of-scale, limited articulation Intruders. Seems that much of the pre-Star Wars toy lines were pretty skimpy on villains (not including Super Heroes).
                    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 24, 2020

I have a soft spot for these guys

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

I don't remember these from being a kid. But I did buy a whole bunch as an adult collector. Started selling some off a few months ago. was getting $20-$25 for the commander

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎