Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Part of the reason I started this thread is that I love original toy characters. The other reason is we all have our preferred formats. When they translate one to another it can be fun.

It would be interesting to do a poll on favorite scale or format (3 3/4", 6", 8", 12", 18"). Mego would probably win here, but aren't you frustrated when there's a format like Playmates 9" Trek or Remco 9" Monsters that falls just outside your favorite scale?

But it is fun to imagine figures from another format in your own preferred scale.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

I have a 3 3/4 inch Matt Trakker figure. He was actually incorporated into the GI Joe line a few years back.
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I was frustrated that Pulsar and SMDM were larger than GI Joe. Huge fan of Pulsar.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
          I'm envisioning Mego Hulk style torsos with regular T2 legs strung to the body. Naw, too weird proportionally.
          No, more like a WeeWin Samson/Mego t2 hybrid, would've been great. You're right, the Hulk wouldn't look good.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
            Marvel Legends 6" scale Crystar figures.
            Mind. Blown. I'd so buy these! Sectaurs, too.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Mikey
              This thread reminds me of when they made some original 3-3/4" Star Wars figures in 12" scale

They were cute but too expensive to collect them all
              Funny you should mention those, Mikey. Even within that line, the scale of the figures is inconsistent. Boba Fett is almost 15" tall, perhaps taller than the Vader if I'm not mistaken. And yes, they are very cute, friendly looking dolls. I think their vintage price point was their undoing, and when Star Wars toys first became valuable, it was the 12", not the 3 3/4" that were the big money items. Now, it's the other way around, and while the 12" can't be considered inexpensive, it's relatively easy to collect a set compared to the smaller figures.

Comment

• msenger76
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 3, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Marvel Legends 6" scale Crystar figures.
                They actually released crystar, magma man, moltar and crystal warriors as heroclix last year. smaller scale, but made me wonder why they wouldn't release them in larger scale

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎