X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

The Outsider

I've been completely sucked into this new HBO/Jason Bateman series based on the Stephen King novel, which I've never read.

Interesting in many ways which reminds me of a mash-up of True Detective and The X-Files/Millennium. There's some really haunting camera work and editing along with some excellent acting.

Any one else digging this show? Was the book solid?
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'm watching, but also didn't read the book. Getting ready to watch episode three now.

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

I freaking love it. I'm sort of happy to not have read the book yet, so I'm not constantly comparing and contrasting the show to it.

I know it's the fault of Netflix and Prime, but man, waiting a week for a new episode is killing me!
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Definitely sucked into this one. Its a great story so far. Agree on the camera work and editing. The editing especially is really providing a haunting tension around this show. I can tell because I'm impatient and really want answers NOW!!
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I'll have to check this out at some point. Always liked Bateman fairly well and King, well can be very hit or miss, but is always a breeding ground for some interesting concepts.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

we are enjoying it so far. I am an episode behind though so have to catch up

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎