Thread: The Outsider

Head The Outsider

I've been completely sucked into this new HBO/Jason Bateman series based on the Stephen King novel, which I've never read.

Interesting in many ways which reminds me of a mash-up of True Detective and The X-Files/Millennium. There's some really haunting camera work and editing along with some excellent acting.

Any one else digging this show? Was the book solid?

I'm watching, but also didn't read the book. Getting ready to watch episode three now.

I freaking love it. I'm sort of happy to not have read the book yet, so I'm not constantly comparing and contrasting the show to it.

I know it's the fault of Netflix and Prime, but man, waiting a week for a new episode is killing me!

Images
    Definitely sucked into this one. Its a great story so far. Agree on the camera work and editing. The editing especially is really providing a haunting tension around this show. I can tell because I'm impatient and really want answers NOW!!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

I'll have to check this out at some point. Always liked Bateman fairly well and King, well can be very hit or miss, but is always a breeding ground for some interesting concepts.

Images
    we are enjoying it so far. I am an episode behind though so have to catch up