Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some sneak peeks from Super7 of what's to come (hopefully this year).

Images
    These retail at $25 here in Halifax and as cool as these are, are not worth that much.
    A tiny toy like this should be $12-15 tops.

Blog Entries
    I like them although the price point keeps me from super impulsive purchases (like Breakin'). I'm all in for the Apes and cherry-pick the monsters.

I do face that same conundrum of not wanting to take them off the card because it's so gorgeous. That does present me with space issues.

Really wish I could find the Frankenstein around here at a comic shop.

It's fun when you can find them loose bagged directly from the Asian factories in Asia for like 5 bucks on eBay. I've picked up a bunch that way.

These are really challenging my collecting rules, because of their price. I can get a carded Fisher Price Adventure people for the price of 2 Super7's. So, do I want vintage homage, or true vintage?

Agreed! Indeed, there's a love/hate relationship with these for me too. Early on at $10 anything fun/interesting was good to go, but as the prices (Asian/Pacific trade tariffs?) have risen and the variants have multiplied I've been more hesitant/picky. The card art and packaging designs continue to be great leading only to more temptation.

Apes, good Simiam gods!, I'm buying two of everything for the loose/art card combo. I'm also deep into the Fiend/Misfits line carded using the classic album art. Others are a mix of monsters/sci-fi/weirdness they peddle in. Hedji is correct, there's a few Asian toy dealers that sell loose, seconds (great for customs), test shots and oddball. I have a killer General Ursus proto/test with a different/unique paint scheme that came directly out the back door of the factory's design department me thinks.
    Last edited by Confessional; Jan 20, '20 at 12:46 PM. Reason: … Caligari cometh!

Images
    I like the idea of the figures as a continuation of Remco, but as Confessional said, the pricepoint is making this a MOC buy which defeats the purpose. I want the cardbacks for display and the figures for Halloween. This way, I can't get either.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    It's fun when you can find them loose bagged directly from the Asian factories in Asia for like 5 bucks on eBay. I've picked up a bunch that way.
    I thought those were bootlegs, I need to check them out.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Oh yeah. They're great. I got a Maria, some Worst... There are lots of choices. Be careful with the 5 pack blind buy assortments. Usually you get 3 figures plus 2 Predator figures.