Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some sneak peeks from Super7 of what's to come (hopefully this year).

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palifan
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 18, 2016

Some sneak peeks from Super7 of what's to come (hopefully this year).

Some nice figures look to be coming our way and hopefully we'll get the Monster Soakies as well.

Ian
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Lots of Monsterific fun cookin'!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm miffed with S7 over MOTU and their Phantom was a misfire, but I'm pleased to see more monsters and glad that they're going deep into the mythos. Imhotep--hooray! Thanks for sharing.

Hoping we eventually see Dracula's Daughter, Son of Dracula, Dynamo Dan, Mr. Hyde, Kharis.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Dr. Caligari is a great idea, can Cesare be far behind, and then Der Golem and The Man Who Laughs?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Palifan
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 18, 2016

They have gone pretty deep with their up and coming selection so I'm hopeful that we'll get some interesting releases as time goes on. The Alien Sokies they released yesterday were nice and I'm looking forward to the Universal ones.

Ian

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Nice looking stuff. I need to decide if a silver Maria robot is worth $18 plus shipping.

I'm finding myself more and more conflicted with them. They really are about the complete packaging with the great artwork. So, I'm collecting them carded, which is nice... but they just sit there carded and not played with. I can't afford to buy duplicates, so... yeah... cool expensive decorations.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I agree. But I'm already in deep with their horror lines and I'll continue if I can.

Regarding Maria, I have the bronze one and that's what color she really was, so I'm OK--I think lol.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 18, '20, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Palifan
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by Hedji
                Nice looking stuff. I need to decide if a silver Maria robot is worth $18 plus shipping.

I'm finding myself more and more conflicted with them. They really are about the complete packaging with the great artwork. So, I'm collecting them carded, which is nice... but they just sit there carded and not played with. I can't afford to buy duplicates, so... yeah... cool expensive decorations.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you with these Super7 mocs. I have so many of them and no where near enough space to display them but can't resist certain releases (like the 4 They Live recent releases). I have the first Maria in bronze on the slimmer card back which is a stellar piece and also The Power Of The Force version with the coin but I think that's as far as I'll go with these, there's just to many other releases out there. I did go all in at the start with things like their initial Alien run but there are so many variants that it just ends up too expensive so I've tended to just go for some complete waves but skipped the variants.

There's the odd character that I really like so I might just collect all that's released for that character but I'm really trying to be selective now as most of them end up just sat in a box on top of a cupboard. They will see daylight at some point when I rotate my collection but it's starting to feel a bit of a waste if I can't enjoy them all the time. A few I've picked up loose from china sellers (as well as some unpainted/painted prototypes for The worst), and it does save on space and is nice to have them in hand whilst only costing around a third of the sealed price.

As with most things just collect what you like but it's probably better in the long run to resist the urge to collect them all.

Ian

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Universal Monsters...I'm all in.

The Worst...all in.

Munsters...all in.

Robocop...all in.

Who am I kidding? I'm getting about 90% of them.

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji

Exactly, its the whole thing or nothing, and I just dont have room to start displaying cards. Im actually glad I never got into these, the only ones I did buy are the Aliens, and they are still sitting in thier original mailer, I have the boxed examples dispalyed.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

These retail at $25 here in Halifax and as cool as these are, are not worth that much.
                      A tiny toy like this should be $12-15 tops.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I like them although the price point keeps me from super impulsive purchases (like Breakin'). I'm all in for the Apes and cherry-pick the monsters.

I do face that same conundrum of not wanting to take them off the card because it's so gorgeous. That does present me with space issues.

Really wish I could find the Frankenstein around here at a comic shop.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

It's fun when you can find them loose bagged directly from the Asian factories in Asia for like 5 bucks on eBay. I've picked up a bunch that way.

These are really challenging my collecting rules, because of their price. I can get a carded Fisher Price Adventure people for the price of 2 Super7's. So, do I want vintage homage, or true vintage?

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Agreed! Indeed, there's a love/hate relationship with these for me too. Early on at $10 anything fun/interesting was good to go, but as the prices (Asian/Pacific trade tariffs?) have risen and the variants have multiplied I've been more hesitant/picky. The card art and packaging designs continue to be great leading only to more temptation.

Apes, good Simiam gods!, I'm buying two of everything for the loose/art card combo. I'm also deep into the Fiend/Misfits line carded using the classic album art. Others are a mix of monsters/sci-fi/weirdness they peddle in. Hedji is correct, there's a few Asian toy dealers that sell loose, seconds (great for customs), test shots and oddball. I have a killer General Ursus proto/test with a different/unique paint scheme that came directly out the back door of the factory's design department me thinks.
                            Last edited by Confessional; Jan 20, '20, 12:46 PM. Reason: … Caligari cometh!

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

I like the idea of the figures as a continuation of Remco, but as Confessional said, the pricepoint is making this a MOC buy which defeats the purpose. I want the cardbacks for display and the figures for Halloween. This way, I can't get either.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎