Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some sneak peeks from Super7 of what's to come (hopefully this year).

Some sneak peeks from Super7 of what's to come (hopefully this year).

Some nice figures look to be coming our way and hopefully we'll get the Monster Soakies as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7bfP7AnMFp/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7bfhoXHVFx/

Ian

Lots of Monsterific fun cookin'!

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm miffed with S7 over MOTU and their Phantom was a misfire, but I'm pleased to see more monsters and glad that they're going deep into the mythos. Imhotep--hooray! Thanks for sharing.

Hoping we eventually see Dracula's Daughter, Son of Dracula, Dynamo Dan, Mr. Hyde, Kharis.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Dr. Caligari is a great idea, can Cesare be far behind, and then Der Golem and The Man Who Laughs?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

They have gone pretty deep with their up and coming selection so I'm hopeful that we'll get some interesting releases as time goes on. The Alien Sokies they released yesterday were nice and I'm looking forward to the Universal ones.

Ian

Nice looking stuff. I need to decide if a silver Maria robot is worth $18 plus shipping.

I'm finding myself more and more conflicted with them. They really are about the complete packaging with the great artwork. So, I'm collecting them carded, which is nice... but they just sit there carded and not played with. I can't afford to buy duplicates, so... yeah... cool expensive decorations.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I agree. But I'm already in deep with their horror lines and I'll continue if I can.

Regarding Maria, I have the bronze one and that's what color she really was, so I'm OK--I think lol.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 18, '20 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Nice looking stuff. I need to decide if a silver Maria robot is worth $18 plus shipping.

I'm finding myself more and more conflicted with them. They really are about the complete packaging with the great artwork. So, I'm collecting them carded, which is nice... but they just sit there carded and not played with. I can't afford to buy duplicates, so... yeah... cool expensive decorations.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you with these Super7 mocs. I have so many of them and no where near enough space to display them but can't resist certain releases (like the 4 They Live recent releases). I have the first Maria in bronze on the slimmer card back which is a stellar piece and also The Power Of The Force version with the coin but I think that's as far as I'll go with these, there's just to many other releases out there. I did go all in at the start with things like their initial Alien run but there are so many variants that it just ends up too expensive so I've tended to just go for some complete waves but skipped the variants.

There's the odd character that I really like so I might just collect all that's released for that character but I'm really trying to be selective now as most of them end up just sat in a box on top of a cupboard. They will see daylight at some point when I rotate my collection but it's starting to feel a bit of a waste if I can't enjoy them all the time. A few I've picked up loose from china sellers (as well as some unpainted/painted prototypes for The worst), and it does save on space and is nice to have them in hand whilst only costing around a third of the sealed price.

As with most things just collect what you like but it's probably better in the long run to resist the urge to collect them all.

Ian

Universal Monsters...I'm all in.

The Worst...all in.

Munsters...all in.

Robocop...all in.

Who am I kidding? I'm getting about 90% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post

Exactly, its the whole thing or nothing, and I just dont have room to start displaying cards. Im actually glad I never got into these, the only ones I did buy are the Aliens, and they are still sitting in thier original mailer, I have the boxed examples dispalyed.