X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

new captain action uniform and equipment sets

Will there be new captain action uniform and equipment sets soon?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

let me guess, you want to see JSA right?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fun guy
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      let me guess, you want to see JSA right?
      Not only that,but I also want to see more GA characters,such as bulletman,the arrow,amazing-man,pyroman,uncle sam,the fighting yank,blue beetle and green lama.
      Thank you for asking!
      I Also want to see the all-winners squad.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

well dream on, you'd be better off commissioning customs than wait for anything new that actually gets made for Cap.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, the license holders have already managed to screw it up TWICE. Captain Action is dead.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

When I see all that we have in the Mego format and consider how badly Captain Action has fared, I feel very, very blessed.

Like Mego though, I've seen great CA customs and Cap is really well-designed figure compared to GI Joe.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
              Yeah, the license holders have already managed to screw it up TWICE. Captain Action is dead.
              I liked the first rerelease a lot, it was a gateway for me to the figure and IMO the releases were well-done. The tricky part, now as then, is the licensing.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, Cap is dead. the only ones who were buying anything were us older collectors. obviously even that was not enough to keep the line alive with all the production and distribution delays

Comment

• fun guy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  well dream on, you'd be better off commissioning customs than wait for anything new that actually gets made for Cap.
                  Yeah,you are right about that!,who does customs?,Thanks for telling me

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I liked the first rerelease a lot, it was a gateway for me to the figure and IMO the releases were well-done. The tricky part, now as then, is the licensing.
                    I really liked the Marvel sets that came out, but then, instead of developing more costume sets they wasted all their resources on a godawful comic book, an animated series that never happened, and peddling junk like hats, t-shirts, and mugs. I'm still fuming we never got that classic Red Skull set for Dr. Evil.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I don't think we'll see C/A at retail again. There's talk of boutique releases, limited, higher cost figure/sets, but even those seem not as promising.

Regarding missed releases, Red Skull would have been awesome, and I still hate the fact that the Playing Mantis release of Speed Racer didn't happen, and the Jonny Quest line didn't happen. They were awesome looking!

boohoo...
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Captain Action? I'm waiting for a return of Jonny West! When's that gonna happen?!?!

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Just curious, what if Captain Action were to come back in more of a classic G.I. Joe Adventure Team format? Something that offered the basic figure along with outfit and adventure gear sets, not costume sets to turn him into other characters.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Was the character of Captain Action ever popular or was he simply the mannequin to make into Superman and whatnot?

I feel like there’s been a constant push for CA as a stand alone character, but it doesn’t seem to go anywhere.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                              Was the character of Captain Action ever popular or was he simply the mannequin to make into Superman and whatnot?

I feel like there’s been a constant push for CA as a stand alone character, but it doesn’t seem to go anywhere.
                              Seems like there have been a few comic book attempts at making CA a stand alone character, one of which I believe took a James Bond style approach. As far as action figures are concerned, nothing has been attempted to try the concept in a scale that can use uniform sets. Both the Playing Mantis and Round 2 attempts kept the original concept of CA using costumes to change into different characters.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎