Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So much for Netflix being dead

Images
    My wife was just absorbed by Warner Brothers from HBO. Since the Warner Media merger with AT&T, HBO has largely been left with the ability to only produce content. Prior to the merger HBO was a stand alone company; a head to toe company. Now their NYC offices look like a ghost town. Unfortunately, many, many people have lost their jobs.

Anyhow, the media business is changing rapidly. I think that streaming services are the major reason. You either jump on the streaming train or get off the train for good.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    My wife was just absorbed by Warner Brothers from HBO. Since the Warner Media merger with AT&T, HBO has largely been left with the ability to only produce content. Prior to the merger HBO was a stand alone company; a head to toe company. Now their NYC offices look like a ghost town. Unfortunately, many, many people have lost their jobs.

Anyhow, the media business is changing rapidly. I think that streaming services are the major reason. You either jump on the streaming train or get off the train for good.

- Ian
    The entertainment industry right now is like the Russia's wild west was after the fall of the USSR. It's good positioning if you are well connected and have the capital to buy catalogs and IP's but as a whole isn't any better or more stable for the people who work in those industries.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    The entertainment industry right now is like the Russia's wild west was after the fall of the USSR. It's good positioning if you are well connected and have the capital to buy catalogs and IP's but as a whole isn't any better or more stable for the people who work in those industries.
    It’s considerably worse for the majority of the folks who work in the industry as they’re losing their jobs. My wife has been lucky, so far. As of now, she seems to like the Warner job more, but it’s new. However, it’s a good job and she only has a few more years to work. So, fingers crossed that it lasts.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?