X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

6 inch RAH GI JOE figures are coming.

Spotted this info at Yakface's intagram page of all places. Looks like an online retailer leaked the first wave of Hasbro 6 inch GI Joes.

First wave is Snake Eyes, Duke, Scarlett, Roadblock and Destro. Hopefully there is a 3 3/4 inch line coming too.

But as always take it with a grain of salt until it's officially confirmed.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 13, '20, 7:24 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

They should stick with the 3 3/4 inch line. That will go further and you can release vehicles and bases at a price people can afford.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

This doesn't rule out a 3 3/4 inch line. Maybe that's what Jazwares is doing?

Sounds like the 6 inch line is called GI JOE Classified.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

I have wanted Hasbro to do a 6” line for years. But I will only be on board if they stick to the 80’s designs.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

Pretty Cool. I hope we know for sure next month. 6" joes have been the most requested figure line to do from fans for a very long time. I just worry if the snake eyes movie isn't well received that will derail the joes again.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Nice to see Hasbro is actually doing this themselves. They have the 6" scale down pat with Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series.

I picked up the Stealth Suit (Night Monkey) Spidey from Marvel Legends for my son's Christmas, and I thought to myself, "Man, this would make an awesome base for a Snake-Eyes."

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I'm excited for it. I think it will bring a lot of energy and interest to the brand and the 6 inch scale is pretty much the default scale for collector lines these days. I also don't think this rules out a 3 3/4 inch evergreen play line.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^I agree. I think these will sell like hotcakes if they adapt the most classic designs of the characters (at least initially) in the ML or Black series style.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Personally I think this is money on the table for Hasbro. It won't bring the kids but wow, is there is a built in audience for this. The idea of sharing a Universe with all their other product reminds me of Mego.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

My brother & I bought a lot of the Lanard when TRU went out of business so that when my nephew got old enough to play action figures he would have the vehicles, so with the new movie I will be buying the 3 3/4inch figures to fill in for those horrible figures.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

It sounds like a good G.I. Joe Line.

G.I. Joe needs it's own live-action Television Series, similar to The Mandalorian, where classic vehicles make an appearance.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

I just hope they do a good job on Duke this time. We never did get a perfect update of the 83 Duke in the 25th anniversary line. Now, the original 25th Duke wasn't a horrible figure. I mean, yeah, the head was too small and the articulation was a little wonky. The problem really was as the line went on sculpts and articulation got a lot better and instead of making an improved 83 Duke, like they did with several other characters, they just repainted the original flawed one to death.

I also want a Sunbow long haired Zartan dammit!! Yes, it was a hood on the toy and the comic. I get that but it was hair in the cartoon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Okay, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw Zartan's "hood" as hair.

I like the 25th anniversary Duke well enough, but yeah, they need to knock that one out of the park. I think they will. They have done some great Chris Evans Steve Rogers heads, and that's not too far off the mark with Duke.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎