X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
    I can't recall the new director's cut impressing me as much as it seems to for others. There were small nitpicks for me, like deletions of little things I enjoyed ("Viewer off..... VIEWER OFF!").
    Yeah, that

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I have always loved the Motion Picture...second only to the Wrath of Khan. It’s a gorgeous movie. I love the slow pace...reminds me of 2001: A Space Odyssey (another huge fave of mine). Like many of you said here...it has aged well.
      sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
        I have always loved the Motion Picture...second only to the Wrath of Khan. It’s a gorgeous movie. I love the slow pace...reminds me of 2001: A Space Odyssey (another huge fave of mine). Like many of you said here...it has aged well.
        I agree...it's always been my favorite, but I'm really into Trek that's about space exploration and the unknown. That's why I'm not a fan of J.J. Abrams Star Wars masquerading as Star Trek. It's all about blowing stuff up.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

The problem with STTMP was that it was just plain boring and cold.

It's like you went to your 20 year class reunion … Everybody was awkward and couldn't wait for the party to end

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

TrekStar, will your custom Kirk use a vintage Kirk head or will you use the older Kirk head as seen on the current Mego WOK figure?
            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

I took me a while to actually watch TMP but after rewatching it a year or two ago I appreciate it for being the only time TOS had a massive budget to work with.

I dismissed the original Battlestar Galactica series. But after watching the first 10 episodes I really dig it now.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 16, 2008

When I went to see ST TMP as a kid, I fell asleep. I didn't re-watch it because everyone trashed it, especially after Wrath of Khan came out and "put things right". When I finally saw it again in my 20s, I loved it. It went from being the worst Star Trek movie to being my favorite to this day.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

really the only thing that has not aged well with the movie is those silly uniforms. otherwise it is among my favorite of the movies

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    really the only thing that has not aged well with the movie is those silly uniforms. otherwise it is among my favorite of the movies
                    I feel much the same. I have the director's cut and enjoy it.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      I’ll say this about the uniforms: they look the most comfortable out of all the Star Fleet offerings!

I saw TMP when it came out in the theater and I was 7 and had only seen Star Wars to compare it to...and it really fell flat for me. It was dull, I didn’t get what was happening, I barely had any knowledge of the characters other than Spock and he seemed like a jerk... Anyway, I didn’t bother trying to watch it again.

So recently, it turned up on one of the streaming things so I checked it out and I really enjoyed it! I was really getting into the actor performances and the strained relationship between the main 3 characters that starts to get resolved by the end. The writing of the characters along with the performances of Shatner, Nimoy, and Kelley to be just beautiful. And somewhat meta as they have scene after scene of the characters interacting and saying “Are we really going to do this again?!?”

It might be my favorite. Even over the one with the whales!!!
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

I just happened to watch RLM's re-view of it the other night..

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎