X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on eBay this Week

Return of Swamp Thing Print signed by Jim Wynorski- I have a real soft spot for this movie and for director Jim Wynorski. So when I found out Jim was selling these autographed prints, I wanted to promote them. These limited edition items are also signed by composer Chuck Cirino. I insist you buy this.

Inflatable Jaws toy by Imperial- I seriously love Jaws and i hope all the stories about remaking it aren't true. I don't know why I don't have more JAWS merch but for some reason, I've never gone there. This wonderful piece has the Jaws logo on its fins as it totally should?

STAR TEAM Set- This week's Toy Ventures episode was about the Knight of Darkness, so I thought this collection was interesting. All you need is a Zeorid and Star Hawk and you can make George Lucas "pee his pants" furious by acting out their adventures.

REMCO SUPERMAN UTILITY BELT- Next to the Hulk, Superman is the one character who probably doesn't need a belt full of gadgets.I mean, look at this stuff, can you imagine Superman using handcuffs and a communicator?

Yet, I want to own this someday, damn you REMCO!

Display box of Laurel and Hardy Erasers- Rejoice Gen-Xers, we are the last generation to be marketed Laurel and Hardy merchandise and we are better for it. I have no recollection of these but yet they feel vaguely familiar and oh sooooo friendly.......

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Ninersphan1
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by RSS

Return of Swamp Thing Print signed by Jim Wynorski- I have a real soft spot for this movie and for director Jim Wynorski. So when I found out Jim was selling these autographed prints, I wanted to promote them. These limited edition items are also signed by composer Chuck Cirino. I insist you buy this.

Inflatable Jaws toy by Imperial- I seriously love Jaws and i hope all the stories about remaking it aren't true. I don't know why I don't have more JAWS merch but for some reason, I've never gone there. This wonderful piece has the Jaws logo on its fins as it totally should?

STAR TEAM Set- This week's Toy Ventures episode was about the Knight of Darkness, so I thought this collection was interesting. All you need is a Zeorid and Star Hawk and you can make George Lucas "pee his pants" furious by acting out their adventures.

REMCO SUPERMAN UTILITY BELT- Next to the Hulk, Superman is the one character who probably doesn't need a belt full of gadgets.I mean, look at this stuff, can you imagine Superman using handcuffs and a communicator?

Yet, I want to own this someday, damn you REMCO!

Display box of Laurel and Hardy Erasers- Rejoice Gen-Xers, we are the last generation to be marketed Laurel and Hardy merchandise and we are better for it. I have no recollection of these but yet they feel vaguely familiar and oh sooooo friendly.......

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Holy appropriation Batman!! I knew Star Team was a Star Wars rip off, bad had no idea they also ripped of Evel Knievel. Kent's "cosmic Cruiser" is a dead ringer for Evel's Canyon Sky Cycle !! Which I suppose makes sense given both were Ideal products

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I love, love STAR Team. If someone could knock out some 3.75" figures of those guys, I'd be a happy boy.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
        Holy appropriation Batman!! I knew Star Team was a Star Wars rip off, bad had no idea they also ripped of Evel Knievel. Kent's "cosmic Cruiser" is a dead ringer for Evel's Canyon Sky Cycle !! Which I suppose makes sense given both were Ideal products
        Everything in the Star Team came from some other Ideal Toy Line's tooling, Captain Action, JJ Armes, Zeroids, EK, it's home coming week!
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Well I ordered one of the Swamp Thing posters!!
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

What's the deal with the funky looking sunglasses in the Superman set? Are they there so you can be a futuristic version of Clark Kent?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              Everything in the Star Team came from some other Ideal Toy Line's tooling, Captain Action, JJ Armes, Zeroids, EK, it's home coming week!
              I really like the second iteration of Star Team, Knight of Darkness is fun as another Capotain action foe and rival of Dr. Evil.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Your comment about Laurel and Hardy is, in just a few words a commentary on the impermanence of all things. Some things are evergreen. There will never be a time in our lives in which their popularity is snuffed out. Laurel and Hardy is the opposite of that. Sure a few fringe geeks might be diehards, either honestly, or ironically. I mean, you at least have to acknowledge them if you're a Universal Monster fan. But their day in the sun is seeing its last flickers, and I agree...we are better for it.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

Laurel and Hardy had a connection to Universal Monsters? I know Abbott and Costello did...

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Laurel and Hardy erasers, I'd love to get all the colors and keep them as is or was, would never actually use them to
                    erase anything.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎