Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have 8" DC figures actually been confirmed, or is it just a rumor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The current team in the Justice League comic is the original 7 from the animated show. Supes, Bats, WW, Flash, John Stewart GL, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter. There's definitely a feeling in pop culture right now that this team IS the Justice League, probably due to the nearly 20 year (!) gap since it debuted. Certainly doesn't hurt my feelings, considering I do a podcast on the series!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• fun guy
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      The current team in the Justice League comic is the original 7 from the animated show. Supes, Bats, WW, Flash, John Stewart GL, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter. There's definitely a feeling in pop culture right now that this team IS the Justice League, probably due to the nearly 20 year (!) gap since it debuted. Certainly doesn't hurt my feelings, considering I do a podcast on the series!

Chris
      Whoa,by the way,will the DC Comics 8"action figures be revealed at toy fair 2020 next month?

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        They’re not going to be animated style. They’re going to use the costume design and character design from the show, but realistic in style.
        That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks Andy!!
        sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I don't know what the final design will be, but what I saw at Mego Meet made me very happy. I think if the final product is close to that it will be good.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Toy fair is next month, guys.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
              ^Yeah, they're streamlined classic DC looks...
              Well, not Aquaman--but he wasn't announced anyway.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by B-Lister
                Toy fair is next month, guys.
                But even if we get a look at these at Toy Fair next month, it's no guarantee they are anywhere near a release date. The vast majority of stuff Mego showed at Toy Fair last year still hasn't seen a release (or even any kind of follow up announcement), and there's been no word if some of it is even still planned on being released, so yeah Toy Fair's next month, but I doubt any kind of answers will be revealed there if last year's Toy Fair is any indication.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Well, not Aquaman--but he wasn't announced anyway.
                  I would assume a shrunken down version would be apart of that group considering his yuge popularity now. Same with Shazam. I mean, if they're going to embiggen Trek and Monsters why not go in reverse and shrunkify to 8?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                    I would assume a shrunken down version would be apart of that group considering his yuge popularity now. Same with Shazam. I mean, if they're going to embiggen Trek and Monsters why not go in reverse and shrunkify to 8?
                    That 14 inch Aquaman isn't in line with the JLU design. That one was the hook hand long haired version that would be closer to the Momoa version.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

JLU Aquaman

Aquaman will be the tricky part since there are three version of him:

His first appearance in the Superman TAS is were he looked like his regular classic version in his orange and green outfit
                      Superman TAS Aquaman cartoon.jpg

Then in the JLU when he was King Arthur he was more his "Conan" look with both hands
                      JLU Aquaman v1.jpg

And finally after he saved his son by cutting off his hand and adding the hook
                      JLU Aquaman v2.jpg

I would take all three version but then one figure I would like to see done is Queen Mera:
                      mera.jpg

Now as one who used to walk into Target and buy ALL the JLU figures when the hit the shelf so I could customize them, I am looking forward to this. I hated the body with the sway back so seeing them done as Mego in proper bodies makes me happy!!
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I want classic Aquaman, not surprisingly. I missed out on the rare animated version.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

I was lucky too find 4 single carded on the shelf. Then I started buying them from China and now have a small army of him.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡