Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy-Ventures- The Greatest Star Wars Knock Off?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures- The Greatest Star Wars Knock Off?

This week's Toy Ventures is all about the bootleg toy series "Warrior from beyond the Stars" which is actually a knock off of a Star Wars Knock Off! Also Batman is thrown in for good measure, why not? Check out these weird and wonderful toys with me!

Hosted and edited by Brian Heiler (@plaidstallions) PlaidStallions Facebook Page[COLOR=rgba(0 , 0 , 0 , 0.87)][/COLOR]https://www.facebook.com/Plaidstallio... Plaidstallions facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/22262... Twitter: @plaidstallionsFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

that is really awesome, Bat-Guy is like some lost member of Batman's club of heroes.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Yeah, Bat Guy looks like he ignored everyone shutting up and turning out the lights in the Batcave when he knocked on the door, simply walking in and saying, "Hey guys, what are we doing?"

BTW, that's not a revolver. It's a SPACE revolver. To go with with his space cowboy boots, of course. You could paint your AJ Mustang blue and BAM, you've got a space horse.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

That's pretty neat. It's knocking off so many things that even by bootleg that's impressive. BTW: Are those real CA boots? Pretty amazing there would still be CA overstock.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
          That's pretty neat. It's knocking off so many things that even by bootleg that's impressive. BTW: Are those real CA boots? Pretty amazing there would still be CA overstock.
          I doubt they're original, they were the bootlegger's choice up until the 90s by the looks of things. I suspect the molds became free agents somewhere.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Oh man I have an original Knight Of Darkness and had is shrunk to fit Mego that showed up at Mego Meet. Now I will have to create the hero to go with the others....I love knock-offs of knock-offs they get goofy and fun to collect. Great job on these.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I love how the Bat-symbol on that knock-off is more TV-accurate (or even comic accurate) than anything Mego ever did for the character! Mego's Bat-symbol is WEIRD. This looks a lot like the Bat-Signal graphic used on the show.

Batman did indeed wear red in Italy. I guess Bob Kane finally got his design wish, in a round-about way!

This set is NUTS. So many disparate elements combining for all win. Thanks for sharing, as always. Love these videos.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

This is just great. I can't decide which I like better. I truly love the look of Batman when he's in red. This guy is full of win. As a childhood owner of Knight of Darkness, I just have nothing but love for him. Wish someone would start making 3 3/4 ReAction style figures of classic toy characters like him. I wish I knew more about custom figure production... I'd make them myself.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Toyfinity now owns the KoD and did produce this recently. Not the Kenner style figure a lot of us would likely prefer but still pretty neat.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

There's a lot of Japanese depictions of Batman in red too.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Toyfinity now owns the KoD and did produce this recently. Not the Kenner style figure a lot of us would likely prefer but still pretty neat.

He looks more like the Phantom of the paradise than Lord Vader.

Comment

• tay666
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 27, 2008

Really good point about so much to be discovered with bootlegs still.
                        All the official lines are so well documented and cataloged now, it is hard to find anything new or unique anymore.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Knight of Darkness and any of the STAR team members would've fit right in with the Fisher Price Adventure People. I just love that wave of space characters that came after Star Wars.

Comment

• Neutron X
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 22, 2007

Great video! I had a lot of fun with this find! So many cool KOs out there yet to find. No telling what is out there. I wish we had a Hong Kong Toy collector who grew up in the 70s and could tell us his insights. No telling what was for sale in the back allies or even what KOs were sold in other countries. The hunt continues!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎