X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

teen titans style robin

anyone got one of these ,due to a list of mishaps i ordered one of these along with a superman via ebay and the gsp ,both arrived damaged and to cap it off ftc sent the 8 inch robin and not the one i ordered ,he has a largish head and i wonder if the teen titans one shares this noggin or its scaled down ,the only in hand picture i can find suggests its the same size head for both figures ,and i dont want to go to the time and effort of chasing down a replacement only to find its got a too large head for the body
    thanks in advance for any assistance

• Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I own this figure and yes he has a Martian head.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

ah thats a shame ,its a nice sculpt but way too big for this teen body then
      acetone it is probably lol

thanks for the "heads" up lol
      cheers

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
        ah thats a shame ,its a nice sculpt but way too big for this teen body then
        acetone it is probably lol

thanks for the "heads" up lol
        cheers
        I know, right? I loved the sculpt as well and tried to move it to an 8 inch body but the clothes are too small to fit.

I'll likely sell the figure off as the head makes the figure a dud.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

FTC reused the head for the new 8" Skinny Robin The Teen Wonder. A great figure, if not for the head size.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            I know, right? I loved the sculpt as well and tried to move it to an 8 inch body but the clothes are too small to fit.

I'll likely sell the figure off as the head makes the figure a dud.
            id be interested in it let me know what you want for it i might try the head shrinking route
            cheers

Comment

• libby 1957dog
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 3, 2009

anyone know if ftc heads shrink in acetone ,given it a good soak and it swelled slightly and went softer ,but doesnt seem to be shrinking much so far

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

The FTC heads are much firmer than vintage, maybe that retards the expansion and shrinkage?

Wouldn't acetone destroy the paint? Perhaps try naptha? Sorry to offer more questions than answers.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  The FTC heads are much firmer than vintage, maybe that retards the expansion and shrinkage?

Wouldn't acetone destroy the paint? Perhaps try naptha? Sorry to offer more questions than answers.
                  haha yeah you were right about the paint ,but its a small price to pay to get his head down to something that resembles normal

still got a little to go by the stink of him but better than it was ,moved him over to vintage lion rock body a doc mego flesh female suit ,had to cut the color off the cape ,it was huge ,but its near enough for me now

20200111_104537.jpg

sorry about the tiny picture

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎