X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Show & Tell! Hugo Strange, Bane, Penguin & Umbrellas, Wild Cards

I received a FTC figure order right before the New Year, and then some parts from CTVT yesterday. These aren't my best pictures, but I still wanted to share my latest pickups.

First up, the Hugo Strange Batman variant:

FTC Hugo Strange Batman Variant 1.jpg
    FTC Hugo Strange Batman Variant 2.jpg

This figure uses the same Bat suit as the last new comic Batman, but they made some adjustments to the saggy shorts, so it looks MUCH better on, even though the short sleeves (and I think short legs; I didn't really pay attention) are still there. The belt is standard too, instead of rubber. Otherwise, it's mostly the old Batman figure with the Hugo Strange head and a new cape that has the attached cowl (which I should have taken a back picture of; I kind of flubbed this review!).

The cowl by itself is kind of silly looking, but it does look cool hanging off the cape and it looks like something a crazy, wannabe Batman might make. The cowl fits on the head with some work, but that beard makes it really hard to have the cowl and and clasp the cape at the neck. If I display this, it will probably be cowl off though.

A very cool figure and more interesting than just the upcoming standard Hugo Strange.
    Last edited by TRDouble; Jan 5, '20, 3:20 PM.
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Next up, Bane.

FTC Bane.jpg

Bane has been shown and talked about here already, and I don't have much to add. It's better than I expected, both in looks and quality out of the package. My only complaint is that I wish the shirt straps stayed on the torso better. They just fall into the shoulder sockets. Maybe a little sticky tack can resolve that.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

The Penguin with the new umbrella accessories:

FTC Penguin 1.jpg
      FTC Penguin 2.jpg

First, the figure is fantastic! Sometimes FTC has good intentions and over thinks these things, but in this case, they got it right. The hat is a perfect fit, the padding looks great, and the small body was the right call. All he is missing is his monocle. And his umbrella.

CTVT Umbrella Open.jpg

Which CTVT has fixed, albeit at an additional cost. But both the closed and open umbrellas are great quality. The handle fits firmly into the open umbrella, and can it can easily be disassembled. It's not the easiest thing for a ReMego to keep standing while holding though!

They are great accessories that will make your Penguins look complete.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

The Hugo headsculpt is perfect and that mask is ridiculous.

Not a Bane fan but the fig cools fun.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Finally, the Super Friends Wild Cards Ace of Clubs and Ten of Clubs.

FTC Wild Cards.jpg
          FTC Wild Cards Ace of Clubs.jpg
          FTC Wild Cards Ten of Clubs.jpg

I skipped the Unmasked Joker; I just don't see myself ever displaying it.

These weren't high on my list, but I went with them over Birdman because I thought they would have a better chance at display with the other Super Friends (and I need to cut down!). That said, I was pleased when I opened these! I don't know why FTC goes the extra step with sewing the white body suits when they could just use existing onesie body suits, but they look fine. Better than how they did Space Ghost's bodysuit.

Ace of Clubs is my favorite of the two. Great head sculpt/paint apps and the suit with the Club on the chest is simple, but cool looking. I didn't think I would like not having boots on either figure, but they both stand fine without them and it keeps the smooth look of the figures.

Ten of Clubs is nice too, but the "10"s stand out a bit on the body suit. Otherwise, I think she looks fantastic too and they make a for a sharp looking evil duo.

Both are on white bodies.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I am very pleased with this order! And with the Penguin, which I had for a while, but never opened. I am looking forward to seeing what's coming in the next FTC warehouse shipment.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Does the Ace of Clubs have buck teeth? Hard to tell from the pic. If so, an odd feature. Other than that cool figure.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                Does the Ace of Clubs have buck teeth? Hard to tell from the pic. If so, an odd feature. Other than that cool figure.
                No, it's drawn on/painted on lower lips.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I am waiting for the other Hugo Strange hope its soon. That is how they should have done the 66 Penguin and how I corrected him. Thanks for the pics
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

Hugo Strange looks like Donnie Darko with that cowl on

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by alex
                      Hugo Strange looks like Donnie Darko with that cowl on
                      lol. I was thinking it might make a good base for an Awkward Man custom.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Um, waitaminit--FTC did a new Penguin figure without a monocle? Intentionally?

I'd assumed they'd be revisiting their Penguin '66 concept. Thinking many things right now...
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          Um, waitaminit--FTC did a new Penguin figure without a monocle? Intentionally?

I'd assumed they'd be revisiting their Penguin '66 concept. Thinking many things right now...
                          maybe it fell off? But hey, hole punch, super glue and some clear plastic from the packaging will fix that. Its not FTC if you don't have to repair it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Just looked and the pics at CTVT do show a monocle.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Just looked and the pics at CTVT do show a monocle.
                              That's what I thought originally, too.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎