Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jazwares acquires Hasbro Joe License

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    It amazes me we never got movie accurate Combat Carl Toy Story toys.
    Hoping it happens, would love to see it go fully GI Joe rip off packaging for Carl and Jr.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

I'm thinking maybe Jazwares will do classic RAH characters 4 inch and those 12 iinch/non cloth types they do and Hasbro will do a revamped/modern GI Joe line and 6 inch RAH figures..

Images
    Which isn't really feasible anymore in a mass market line aimed at children. Having Germans and Japanese as villains and hunting endangered species just isn't going to fly today. In the last AT attempt, 20 years ago, GI Joe went to trying to save the tigers and pygmy gorillas instead of hunting them. So you'd still need villains.
    You think that's bad,imagine if they tried to do the Action Man stuff with Native Americans. Hoo boy. Although,Action Man did get Captain Zargon to fight later on in the line. I wonder if something like that would do well over here?

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    i think it's a testment to the brand itself that GI Joe means different things to people depending on age. I'm sure there are people who swear by Super Joe or (gasp) Sgt. Savage as their favourite brand. Nobody is wrong for their preference.
    LOL....funny you mention Sgt. Savage.
    That actually IS my favorite version. I like the WW2 era Captain America / Sgt. Rock influence, and small size of the line itself. RAH is just so overwhelmingly huge. with Sgt. Savage you really can collect them all.
    The P-40 Warhawk is also the coolest Joe vehicle ever IMO.

Images
    Ignoring the cartoony style this new phone game probably gives you a good idea of what the evergreen RAH designs could look like.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Remco figures made great adversaries for RAH.

Yeah I always liked the Remco Sgt. Rock figures, and I had a cool play set with it.

You did have story books with records which served the same purpose.

Yes, and I was a Joe fanatic (as were my friends) and none of us ever read the accompanying comics or listened to the records. We didn't need to. But still those were just the backstory of the playset (Mummy's Tomb, or whatever it may be). The cartoons of the mini-Joes far exceeded that. Now you walk into a toy store, or you did when Toys R Us still existed, and all you see are toys from movies (or TV). There's virtually no toys, outside of maybe some girl's dolls, that aren't created just to promote a film franchise. In doing so I think we're doing kids a disservice- we're stealing away a prime opportunity to develop their imaginations at a critical stage in their lives.

Sean