X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Jazwares acquires Hasbro Joe License

Jazwares,, makers of fort nite figures partners with Hasbro on GI Joe, they have worked before on Nerf
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

any announcement on what they will be doing? I assume it is for RAH stuff

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Only thing I can find on this is an article at hisstank. I've often looked at their 4 inch Fortnite figures and wondered why Hasbro wasn't doing RAH figures like that. Jazwares does Fortnite figures in 4, 6 and 12 inch. If this is true, I assume they'll do the same for RAH.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

blehh, would much rather see a return of the real GI Joe and not that poser shrimp
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I like the 12 inch GI JOE dolls too. I've also long thought reissues of the Super Joe dolls would be fun. But the market and kid's tastes have changed too much for them to be mass market lines. Outside of limited collector issues I can't see Joes coming back as clothed dolls. My opinion is, if we get 12 inch Joes aimed at mass market/kids they will be in the solid plastic style which is really popular right now.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Problem with the vintage Joes is they had no one to fight. He was a true doll...all dressed up with nothing to do.
            The invention of Cobra and Joe characters was the best thing to ever happen to the brand.

A soldier needs a purpose.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 20, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
              Problem with the vintage Joes is they had no one to fight. He was a true doll...all dressed up with nothing to do.
              The invention of Cobra and Joe characters was the best thing to ever happen to the brand.

That's where imagination came in. Other Joes were the bad guys. Other toys. The pet cat. We didn't need a comic book or TV show to tell us how to play.

Sean

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

I concur that GI Joe needed an adversary. By the time I was old enough to have them, they had moved on to the Adventure Team, so there was the diminutive Intruder! Frankly, he worked better teamed up with Zorak against Dr. Steel and Torpedo Fist, but I digress...

I’m curious to see what Jazwares comes up with. I’m a sucker for Snake Eyes and Sgt. Slaughter.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
                  We didn't need a comic book or TV show to tell us how to play.
                  You did have story books with records which served the same purpose.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72

well there were Japanese and German soldiers, then sharks octopi, tigers gators etc.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

i think it's a testment to the brand itself that GI Joe means different things to people depending on age. I'm sure there are people who swear by Super Joe or (gasp) Sgt. Savage as their favourite brand. Nobody is wrong for their preference.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        well there were Japanese and German soldiers, then sharks octopi, tigers gators etc.
                        Which isn't really feasible anymore in a mass market line aimed at children. Having Germans and Japanese as villains and hunting endangered species just isn't going to fly today. In the last AT attempt, 20 years ago, GI Joe went to trying to save the tigers and pygmy gorillas instead of hunting them. So you'd still need villains.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I disagree on the villain thing, my TRU has a robust section of figures that interact with sharks and dinosaurs, etc. You could ostensively create a new iteration of Joe for kids today that has a non-villain theme but focusing on adventure and technology.

RAH itself wasn't a rehash of previous ideas but something that felt timely and it was highly successful, starting from scratch could be a really interesting thing.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

There's a RAH Snake Eyes movie coming out this fall. I'm not against a line of AT Joes Hunting Sharks and Dinosaurs, but I really don't see it happening.

I like RAH the best but there really isn't a version of GI Joe I dislike (except for extreme). Sadly, I don't see 12 inch clothed GI Joe dolls coming back as a retail line aimed at kids. Culture has changed too much. Boys don't dress dolls anymore. I think it would be a really hard sell today. Kind of why Captain Action doesn't work anymore. Why buy a doll and then an outfit to dress him like Batman when you can just buy a Batman.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              Which isn't really feasible anymore in a mass market line aimed at children. Having Germans and Japanese as villains and hunting endangered species just isn't going to fly today. In the last AT attempt, 20 years ago, GI Joe went to trying to save the tigers and pygmy gorillas instead of hunting them. So you'd still need villains.
                              all they did was catch the gorilla or Tiger ,sure the diver had a spear gun for the shark. RAH is just not what I grew up on, I was already nearing High School at that point, still read comics and had my old Joes but the new tiny guys didn't do it for me. Too Star Wars looking of a line with all the characters and vehicles. I am sure that is exactly what they were aiming for too.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎