Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Oh I hated the venom vs valor figures. They were horrible.but the vehicles were still good.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      RAH is just not what I grew up on,
      I totally get that. The original 12 inch Gi Joes and AT Joes were fantastic toys and I've said many times I think the Super Joes are wicked cool.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
        I totally get that. The original 12 inch Gi Joes and AT Joes were fantastic toys and I've said many times I think the Super Joes are wicked cool.
        I liked the SuperJoe stuff but never went for it. The shrinking of the Joe figures put me off.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Toy Story covered it pretty well with Combat Carl
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

It amazes me we never got movie accurate Combat Carl Toy Story toys.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

It amazes me we never got movie accurate Combat Carl Toy Story toys.
              Hoping it happens, would love to see it go fully GI Joe rip off packaging for Carl and Jr.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

I'm thinking maybe Jazwares will do classic RAH characters 4 inch and those 12 iinch/non cloth types they do and Hasbro will do a revamped/modern GI Joe line and 6 inch RAH figures..

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Which isn't really feasible anymore in a mass market line aimed at children. Having Germans and Japanese as villains and hunting endangered species just isn't going to fly today. In the last AT attempt, 20 years ago, GI Joe went to trying to save the tigers and pygmy gorillas instead of hunting them. So you'd still need villains.
                  You think that's bad,imagine if they tried to do the Action Man stuff with Native Americans. Hoo boy. Although,Action Man did get Captain Zargon to fight later on in the line. I wonder if something like that would do well over here?

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                    i think it's a testment to the brand itself that GI Joe means different things to people depending on age. I'm sure there are people who swear by Super Joe or (gasp) Sgt. Savage as their favourite brand. Nobody is wrong for their preference.
                    LOL....funny you mention Sgt. Savage.
                    That actually IS my favorite version. I like the WW2 era Captain America / Sgt. Rock influence, and small size of the line itself. RAH is just so overwhelmingly huge. with Sgt. Savage you really can collect them all.
                    The P-40 Warhawk is also the coolest Joe vehicle ever IMO.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Ignoring the cartoony style this new phone game probably gives you a good idea of what the evergreen RAH designs could look like.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

Remco figures made great adversaries for RAH.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

Yeah I always liked the Remco Sgt. Rock figures, and I had a cool play set with it.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 20, 2008

You did have story books with records which served the same purpose.

Yes, and I was a Joe fanatic (as were my friends) and none of us ever read the accompanying comics or listened to the records. We didn't need to. But still those were just the backstory of the playset (Mummy's Tomb, or whatever it may be). The cartoons of the mini-Joes far exceeded that. Now you walk into a toy store, or you did when Toys R Us still existed, and all you see are toys from movies (or TV). There's virtually no toys, outside of maybe some girl's dolls, that aren't created just to promote a film franchise. In doing so I think we're doing kids a disservice- we're stealing away a prime opportunity to develop their imaginations at a critical stage in their lives.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎