Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Robby Robot Iron Giant Walmarts

The packaging for Robby the Robot says it comes with a disintegrator pistol, but I don't see one and neither did the you tube reviewer. Wonder if the PC toy gun madness got to them and it was eliminated?

Barnabas Collins

No, there are hundreds of toys with guns and it's at a store that sells real guns two aisles over. So NO.

It's a cheap Chinese company making these, they probably stole the verbiage from a previous package or something.

Images
    I picked up the Iron Giant as a surprise present for my son. He loves the film. It actually says the "I'm Superman" line!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    I bought Robby today, hope to get the Iron Giant next weekend. It's a nice toy at a great price.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I didn't notice the Trendmasters mention; interesting.
    It's much bigger than the Trendmasters, so no reused tooling. I normally would wonder if they had to pay them for toy rights they might have still owned, but Trendmasters was absorbed by Jakks Pacific, and if any such transaction had been needed, it would have been with them.

Maybe they scanned or pantagraphed the Trendmasters for upscaling some parts??

Could be, on the scanning or toy rights. I didn't have the Trendmasters Robby and never saw it. I wonder if Walmart will be selling the Lost in Space robot? One can hope.

Barnabas Collins

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas Collins View Post
    The packaging gives a credit to TrendMasters--is it their toy mold from their 1999 remote control version?

Barnabas Collins
    That would indicate Trendmasters still held some licensing control for Robby

Does Robby come with the pistol or not? Sorry, I'm confused.

No it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by powersthatbe View Post
    No it does not.
    Thank you.