X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Arrow Back-Door Pilot/Spinoff

CW is developing a show around Mia Smoak, Black Siren and Black Canary (will Smoak be called Black Arrow?). It will introduced though a backdoor pilot on the Jan 21st episode of Arrow.
    I dropped out of Arrow a while ago, but I thought some here might be interested.

"We’re getting a better idea of what CW’s backdoor pilot for its Arrow spinoff is going to look like. The network shared an official description today for the episode starring Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy.

In the January 21 episode titled “Green Arrow and the Canaries”, “It’s the year 2040 in Star City and Mia Queen (McNamara) has everything she could have ever wanted. However, when Laurel (Cassidy) and Dinah (Harkavy) suddenly show up in her life again, things take a shocking turn and her perfect world is upended.”

“Laurel and Dinah are tracking a kidnapping victim with direct ties to Mia and they need her help,” the synopsis continues. “Knowing it will change everything, Mia can’t help but be a hero and she, Laurel and Dinah suit up once again to save the city.”

McNamara starred in a recurring role as Mia Smoak in the seventh season of Arrow and was promoted to series regular for the current eighth and final season. She is a street fighter-turned rebel leader that turned out to be The Green Arrow Oliver Queen’s daughter. Cassidy played Laurel Lances, the Black Canary, in the first four seasons of Arrow and was a special guest in season five before moving over to The Flash. She returned for season six of Arrow as Laurel’s doppelgänger Black Siren. Harkavy portrayed Dinah Drake, otherwise known as the Black Canary in the fifth season of the show and was promoted to series regular for seasons six and seven.

The CW president Mark Pedowitz first teased the idea of an Arrow spinoff at TCA last August."
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Already discussed this:
    Green Arrow & the Canaries.jpg

I do not understand why they are calling this a backdoor pilot they have been showing future Star City since last season and every episode this season...
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

It's a backdoor pilot simply because this means they hope to launch it from these episodes, and if not, then it's just part of Arrow. It's just the industry jargon in place.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

"Backdoor" pilot means it's poop!

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

After last season there was enough fan support to show that this is the way to go. I know I help start the movement. The episode happens after COIE so this is to show what the reset of the show is going to be. It is not a backdoor pilot since this whole season has been setting up for the Green Arrow and the Canaries v2.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I thought it was already a go?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

It is that is why this is not a backdoor pilot but will show how the new series is going to go after COIE.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

so future crossovers will have to include time travel as well?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Unless they include Legends Of Tomorrow...
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡