Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Easy Choice...STAR TREK:TOS & Kelvin Timeline. That said...LOVE Star Wars Episodes:New Hope though ROTJ.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

My first love? Lost in Space. Star Trek bored the heck outta me as a kid.

Then Star Wars came to the scene. Nothing beats the movie theater experience of 1977.

So I grew out of Lost in Space...and moved on to Star Wars.

But as I got older...the more science oriented Star Trek started calling me more.

So then Star Trek took over. I devoured both the TV shows and movies.

Then the Star Wars prequels came into the picture...and I really hated Star Wars for a while.

The Abraham’s Trek flicks are fun...but they are alternate universes to me...so while fun, no classic connection happening.

Star Trek Discovery debuts...now I’m hating Star Trek.

The Disney Star Wars is next...I’m still on Star Wars hate mode. Rogue One was good. Solo was fun, but like the Abraham's Trek movies, just not classic fair to me.

So just when I’m about to give up on Star Wars forever...THE AWESOME MANDALORIAN COMES TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!

I’m waiting on a Star Trek comeback.

So right now?

Star Wars.
      sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

This was a really tough one. I grew up watching Star Trek in reruns and absolutely loved it. I even remember excitedly getting a Star Trek: TMP happy meal from McDonalds in 1979. Star Wars for some reason wasn't even on my radar until Empire Strikes Back came out. I became obsessed with seeing it and eventually my dad took me to see it just to shut me up. It was the first movie I saw in a theatre and it changed my life forever. I pretty much forgot about Star Trek until TNG came out. By then of course Star Wars was over and I fell in love with Trek again. If I had to choose one I guess it would be Trek. I find myself watching it more often than Star Wars.

Star Wars is pure escapism and has an almost mythic stature in my mind. But Star Trek represents infinite possibilities...The lure of exploration and discovery of the unknown wins out.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

from 7 years old to 14 Star Wars, but when TNG came out when I was 17 it’s been it since then I too never really watched Trek when I was young(they don’t have any cool robots! I thought)

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

BTW...the new Lost in Space >>>>>>>>>>> Star Trek Discovery

So I’m now back to my childhood favorite show trumping Star Trek again, lol...
            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
              BTW...the new Lost in Space >>>>>>>>>>> Star Trek Discovery

So I’m now back to my childhood favorite show trumping Star Trek again, lol...
              Well it doesn't take much to beat Discovery.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

Yeah I have discovery on dvd and watch an episode every once in awhile. Surprised by an F bomb on one show. Then the last one I watched had a star fleet prisoner in a sex scene with his female Klingon captor. Uhm, yeah weird.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Well it doesn't take much to beat Discovery.
                  You have never been more correct...

Man, Discovery has to be the worst show ever. Check this YouTube video...completely ripping off all the Alien movies...

Pathetic...

sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
                    Guild Navigator
                    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    If I have to take into consideration every iteration of ST and SW, I don’t think I like either of them. I definitely dislike more Star Wars movies than I like, and I dislike more versions of Star Trek than I like.

Sooooo.... I guess Star Wars?
                    I feel the same way. It comes down to SW Original Trilogy vs. ST TOS. Though I like them both very much, I'd have to choose SW.
                    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

I'll go with Star Trek even though I've been on a Star Wars kick lately. Star Trek is still being watched by kids you haven't seen any other 60-70's television.

Star Wars really showcased what a great film maker George Lucas was. Empire was very economical and took the mythology in a place where few were expecting.

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

Star Wars...the original trilogy. I've never been a Trek person. I can watch some of the Star Trek shows on occasion, but it really depends on the series. The movies aren't anything I'm fond of...IMHO, I've seen them once, I don't need to see them again.

Dana
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎