X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

G.i.joe action figure question

Will there ever be g.i.joe 6-inch Action figures from hasbro this year?
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

It possible. But the only rumors now is Hasbro is working on some type of an evergreen GI JOE line. No idea of scale.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I will never get over that Hasbro couldn't issue even one mass-market 12" Joe for the 50th anniversary. Cotswold and Hobbycrash get my business now. Harrumph!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Wasn't there a rumor floating around about the Adventure Team coming back in some form?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I will never get over that Hasbro couldn't issue even one mass-market 12" Joe for the 50th anniversary. Cotswold and Hobbycrash get my business now. Harrumph!
          yeah that was pretty astonishing, not a peep out of them over it. Well they have less than four years to correct that error for the 60th
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Hasbro totally dropped the ball on the 50th anniversary. GI Joe was huge... twice! It should be a slam dunk property for the collector's market.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I don't think the snake eyes movie is out until October so I'm hoping we don't wait to see something by san diego comic con but next month at toy fair. And what do they mean by evergreen?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                And what do they mean by evergreen?
                Not a tie in with any new movie. More or less slightly updated classic designs of RAH characters to be used for toys and licensing. Best example I can think of is the designs used for the Transformers Cyberverse cartoon.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                  Hasbro totally dropped the ball on the 50th anniversary. GI Joe was huge... twice! It should be a slam dunk property for the collector's market.
                  The GI Joe Collector's Club did a set, but it was so dull and bland, it was almost funny. Hasbro has all the tooling, they should be issuing a 12 Joe annually for the collector's market like Mattel does for Barbie. Build a brand! The Adventure Team reisssues that were produced 15-20 years ago have appreciated well.

Honestly, something I think would sell like crazy to collectors is RAH characters done in 12" vintage-style Adventure Team versions.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Honestly, something I think would sell like crazy to collectors is RAH characters done in 12" vintage-style Adventure Team versions.
                    Any RAH line outside of the 3 3/4 inch scale would have to be spot on Sunbow to interest me.

I'd personally love a return of the O-rings.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 2, '20, 8:25 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

In terms of fatigues and gear? I'm not sure I inderstand you.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        ... Well they have less than four years to correct that error for the 60th
                        As if they care. It's too "niche" for them I guess, and appeals to the wrong demographic.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

In terms of fatigues and gear? I'm not sure I inderstand you.
                          They'd have to be super cartoon accurate which I don't think could be done in soft goods in the 12 inch scale for mass market anymore. I remember Sideshow did some 12 inch RAH figures and they were really expensive. If we get 12 inch RAH figures, my guess, it would be in the $9.99 all plastic style.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 12, 2016

It was the 50th anniversary....Hasbro should have re-released all 50 of the Adventure Team sets....Isnt that how many there were?...Or at least the first 50 sets anyway .....Hey a guy can dream cant he?
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• msenger76
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 3, 2009

I'd love a new set, especially cartoon accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎