X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Fighting Yank help?

There are some great old threads about Fighting Yank, but most of the linked pics are long gone. I'm trying to get the timeline straight......please chime in. I think this is how it goes?

The first Fighting Yank was the Princess Grace release that was the direct copy of Hasbro's GI Joe and got Mego sued.

The second release was the Mintex (Mego Industrial Textiles) release that used a lower-quality body and a copy of the Pedigree Tommy Gunn head.

The third release continued with the Mintex body but the head was updated to a "Mod" version.

Some of my confusion comes from seeing the Tommy Gunn type head on bodies that look like the first Hasbro copy release. Was there a transition, or am I just seeing swapped heads or Pedigree bodies?
    Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Jan 2, '20, 11:22 AM.
  • Fener
    • Sep 3, 2014

There are 2 different head molds for the Princess Grace FY.
    Here's the other head style.
    I Think this is the very first box and head.

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg
    Last edited by Fener; Jan 8, '20, 6:15 PM.
    WANTED (original not repro): Riddler belt, western guns (3). Matt Mason astronaut helmets (2).

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. How is the "mod" head attached? I like the sculpt.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Hmmm. How is the "mod" head attached? I like the sculpt.
        I don't have one yet but I think it's a set-up like the new 2018 Mego bodies.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
          Career Member
          • Jan 11, 2013

Recently acquired this Fighting Yank. According to the above, he looks like a first edition figure. The outfit is an original Palitoy action man soldier outfit.
          Pleased to have him in my collection. Looking at the joints and the hands, you can see why Hasbro sued Mego.

IMG_20200401_105950.jpgIMG_20200401_105927.jpgIMG_20200401_105911.jpgIMG_20200401_105323.jpgIMG_20200401_105259.jpg

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I own a first version Yank and yeah, he's made really well.

I'm still looking to snag a version 3 head with the mod hair if someone has an extra lying around.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

It’s definitely a beauty of a figure.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                Career Member
                • Jan 11, 2013

As Brown Bear has said, it is extremely well made.Very solid. The seller who I bought it off, said that it belonged to his brother, who had it from new, in the late 60's. Shame have not got original outfit. Great head sculp.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎