Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ReMego Svengoolie presents: It Came From Outer Space (1953)

Playset ReMego Svengoolie presents: It Came From Outer Space (1953)

This Saturday on MeTV Svengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (1953) by Universal Studios:

John Putnam is a writer and an amateur stargazer with a new home out in the beautiful Arizona desert, which he enjoys with Ellen Fields, his girlfriend and a local schoolteacher. John is not trusted by the people of the small town near where he lives, certainly not by Sheriff Matt Warren, who feels protective of Ellen, and perhaps something more. One night, John and Ellen see a meteorite crash in the desert. John drags his friend, Pete, out of bed to take him over to the crash site in his helicopter. Once there, John climbs down into the crater. Unfortunately, he does so alone, as Pete and Ellen wait for him. John is the only one who sees the spaceship before a landslide covers it. And John is the only one who catches a glimpse of the hideous thing inside. At first John's story seems mad, until some of the townsfolk begin acting strange - as if they aren't really who they seem to be. IMDB
    ReMego Svengoolie set: The comic books are reproductions of Adventures of the Unknown Outer Space
    Svengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (1a).jpgSvengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (1b).jpg

Here is the image of the alien:
    It Came From Outer Space photo 1.jpg

And this is the best I could do. Why that last image is sideways I do not understand.
    Svengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (2a).jpgSvengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (2b).jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Behind the scenes

Here is the behind the scene:
    Svengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (2d).jpgSvengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (2c).jpg

I used the New Mego Cheers Norm body wrapped in card stock, then layered with double sides tape. I then took cotton balls and stretched them out and layered them onto the card stock. The "head" I molded from scratch and tried to make with the image.

I actually tried to do the body used molding clay but it got really heavy and it wasn't dry yet so I decided to scrap that idea. This is by far one of the strangest figures I have tried to do so please leave input.

Next week is Universal Studios Revenge Of The Creature....
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 2, '20 at 1:15 AM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Images
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering if you'd try that one. Its probably more intricate than what Universal did I was hoping to see a Richard Carlson custom. At least nest week is easy for you.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Its a Universal Monsters, had to give it a chance....

Oops forgot this was in black & white:
    Svengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (2a) (2).jpgSvengoolie presents It Came From Outer Space (2b) (2).jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

That looks really awesome!

Images
    Very cool.

Images
    Clever, I like it!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

The alien barely shows up in the movie so trying to figure out how to make was hard. I made the head to fit on top of the new Mego neck post so it does still move around. I guess this is the original cloud monster.

20200102_174602 (2).jpg20200102_174549 (2).jpg20200102_174538 (2).jpg
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 2, '20 at 6:57 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

This is very creative and not easy to do, I would have understood if you just skipped this week's Svengoolie custom.

But this shows me your not a quitter, when the going gets tough, you come out swinging not to be denied.

Always look forward to see what you have ready each week for the Svengoolie movie custom, it's right up there with each
    week's newsletter.

The third week I am passing on, its the Hammer version of The Old Dark House and there is nothing special about it.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media