Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I could make my own DC toyline this is what I would do.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

If I could make my own DC toyline this is what I would do.

Was playing around in Photoshop coming up with my ideal superhero toy line...

Using a Jakk's Pacific Classic Batman, I'd love a 3.75 inch five POA line of DC and Marvel figures on these cards...

This hits every nostalgia note for me. Classic comic imagery, bright colors, iconic logos...sigh. If only I was rich. THIS is what I wish we were getting from Spin Master.

Last edited by enyawd72; Jan 2, '20, 12:27 AM.
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

This is what I was hoping to get from McFarlane in 7 inch. Maybe down the line he will add in some classic comic designed figures for the DC Multiverse line. Anyway... excellent designed classic Batman on your photoshop. I would buy that without hesitation.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, that would be nice. So many great, iconic graphics and logos DC owns, and they honestly squander a lot of them on their modern packaging and even their trade dress nowadays.

Very well done!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I would just bring back Super Powers. Reissue popular figures and add new figures to the line like Batgirl, Catwoman and the Riddler.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^The fact that every toy company that's owned the DC license since Kenner/Hasbro HASN'T done this is just insane. Mattel kept skirting around it with DCUC, but I agree, we need reissues and new figures added in that style of sculpt AND packaging.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I don't think the timing was right for Hasbro and there was no way Mattel was going to celebrate anything made by Kenner/Hasbro, even though I think it makes perfect sense to reissue the line, I'm not sure it'll ever happen.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^The fact that every toy company that's owned the DC license since Kenner/Hasbro HASN'T done this is just insane. Mattel kept skirting around it with DCUC, but I agree, we need reissues and new figures added in that style of sculpt AND packaging.

Chris
              Absolutely. I'd love to see DC Secret Wars style figures and Marvel Super Powers too.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                I don't think the timing was right for Hasbro and there was no way Mattel was going to celebrate anything made by Kenner/Hasbro, even though I think it makes perfect sense to reissue the line, I'm not sure it'll ever happen.
                Thing is, Mattel actually DID release Super Powers figures toward the end of the DCUC line. They even made a faux Riddler our of Green Lantern parts, complete with mismatched colored limbs.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

As a collector's line, I think this would be fantastic.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    Thing is, Mattel actually DID release Super Powers figures toward the end of the DCUC line. They even made a faux Riddler our of Green Lantern parts, complete with mismatched colored limbs.
                    Yeah they certainly did homages but not a straight up reproduction of the series.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

That looks alot like the titans figures that were apart of the DC loot crates.Very nice.

Something's up with Super Powers. It should be the marquee banner for all DC projects. Maybe Art knows what the hang up is.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        ^The fact that every toy company that's owned the DC license since Kenner/Hasbro HASN'T done this is just insane.
                        It's such a no brainer. The demand is certainly there. Reissues of the first 12 mixed with popular unreleased characters would practically print money.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎