Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC Spin Masters line officially revealed

spin-master-batman-4-inch-figures-1201446.jpg

I am kinda wondering about the weapons that the single pack characters come with.

spin-master-batman-12-inch-1201444.jpg

I am wondering what size the Damian Wayne Robin is going be done in. It would be strange to see him the same size as Batman.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    These are fine, but not impressive. I agree they look quite a bit like the current Mattel "kids" line, but those are actually pretty nice figures, even for the adult market, and these are skewing "younger".

Nothing wrong with that, but it would be nice to see something a bit more original and fresh.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    I really don't see any big difference between this and what is currently out there, it looks good for young kids and I'm assuming that is the target market.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    well you guys aren't spinmaster's target audience. Mattel's kid focused lines did well.
    I don't buy for myself. I buy for my kids. They passed on everything from Matty that wasn't multiverse.

McFarlane has the most promise, but if the specs are right, the pricepoint could be nuts.

Mego's timing could be really good if it's on the new bodies with decent pricepoint.

Images
    I think the 4 inch figures look really good for the $7.99 price point. If they do some Super Powers era costume figures I'll pick them up.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

There will be 6” and 4 “ exclusives to Target. From what I saw a Batman, the packaging is similar to Mattel’s basic line and it(6”) looked fine.

But they have limited articulation and are obviously geared towards young kids. Saw a 4” deluxe King Shark that looked nice.

Images
    I think the 6 inch limited articulated figures are for the dollar store/Big Lots market. Mattel and Hasbro does the same thing.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

DC-UNIVERSE-4-INCH-ACTION-FIGURE-ASSORTMENT.jpg
    DC UNIVERSE 4-INCH ACTION FIGURE ASSORTMENT – $7.99 Each
    From Spinmaster. Create your own epic adventures with the DC Comics 4-Inch Action Figures! Open the box to discover your adventure on a collector card and three mystery accessories hidden in compartments! Find armor, gauntlets, shields and more. Reveal accessories (including rare and super rare) that match your theme in material finishes like neon, steel, crystal and metallic. With a highly detailed sculpt and 11 points of articulation, you can pose your figure any way you want! Each 4-inch DC Comics articulated action figure also comes with a collector’s guide, so you can easily keep track of your collection. Expand your action figure collection with two versions of Superman, The Flash, Cyborg, and Shazam!
    In Shops: Feb 26, 2020

DC-BATMAN-4-INCH-MEGA-GEAR-KING-SHARK.jpg
    DC BATMAN 4-INCH MEGA GEAR ACTION FIGURE ASSORTMENT – $12.99 Each
    From Spinmaster. Create your own epic adventures with the DC Batman 4-Inch Mega Gear Action Figures!
    In Shops: Feb 26, 2020

I am happy that there are doing the real King Shark in the lineup. I will pick him up. I did manage to pick up Manbat & Damian Wayne Robin at Target this weekend. I will take photos and post them in the morning.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Saw part of the first wave release in Walmart yesterday for the first time. I picked up a few of the 4 inch figures (Nightwing, Man-Bat, Killer Croc) to see how they were, but haven't had a chance to open them up yet. They also had about 3 different Batman figures (Rebirth, tactical and a gold/yellow version), Robin and Joker in the 4 inch figures, 3 different Batman figures in the 12 inch (Rebirth, Blue/Rebirth Batman, which was weird, classic Bronze Age blue look with Rebirth Bat-insignia and lack of trunks, and the Tactical Batman)., some roleplay toys, a Swamp-themed Batman 3 pack (Swamp Batman, Robin and Killer Croc), the Clayface/Batman Batcycle set, and the Batmobile.

The price points for all of these keep them in the impulse buy range, and as affordable/playable toys, so hopefully that will give the line some live and success as a revenue generator.

-M