Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I think these have good shelf-appeal, the packaging is simple and striking.

I saw 12" Shazam! today and he looks nice. New52 version.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I think these have good shelf-appeal, the packaging is simple and striking.

I saw 12" Shazam! today and he looks nice. New52 version.
      I've still only seen the 3 versions of Batman in the 12 inch version, but I have picked up a handful of the 4 inch figures so far. I just got the basic Batman (Rebirth) and the Robin figure at Walmart on the way home form work tonight. At $7.86, they are the perfect price for an impulse buy.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Went to our local Meijers this afternoon to check on the DC Megos to find the pegs set up for Mego but empty. I did, however, find wave 2 of the DC Spin Masters line. Lots of cool figures, but I limited myself to buying 4-Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Bronze Tiger. I was tempted by Killer Moth, Firefly and the Hooded Robin figures as well, but maybe next time.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Any classic versions of the characters yet? Like red trunks Sups and blue trunks Bats with oval insignia?
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Any classic versions of the characters yet? Like red trunks Sups and blue trunks Bats with oval insignia?
            Not that I've seen and I don't think those are included in the license Spin Masters got. They seem to be working form current model sheets not those from the past.

-M

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by MRP
              Not that I've seen and I don't think those are included in the license Spin Masters got. They seem to be working form current model sheets not those from the past.

-M
              I'm guessing they can do whatever they want, to be honest. They are already cranking out variants of Batman and such. I'm guessing DC just wants them to do current stuff.

Could be wrong though.

Anyway, these figures are awesome fun. SO many characters already.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

I bought a lot of these when they were first released, but I hadn't bought any in a while. I just hadn't seen any new figures I was interested in. Until today. I saw this at my local Walmart today and couldn't resist...

Grodd!!!

Didn't see anything else new or interesting. But had to have Grodd!

-M

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Still looking for John Stewart, but no sign of him yet. Only one I haven't seen anywhere.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I haven't seen Lex Luthor anywhere.

BTW: Any news on upcoming waves?

Are they doing the Batgirl movie? A Keaton Batman and an 89 style Batmobile would be pretty cool.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

I saw a new King Shark repaint today. Black and silverish.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Found Catwoman today at Walmart. It was shocked to find her.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Probably old news. Saw pics online of a three pack called Wayne Tower Mayhem with an armored Bats, usual Sups and another chance at Lex. Plus a Armory Attack Batcycle set with new Swampthing and another Batman repaint and Gotham City Train Station Havoc with repaints of Flash and Batman plus a re-release of Grodd. Nice to get another chance at Lex and Grodd. Never saw them in stores.
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 19, '22, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

The Wayne Tower Mayhem sets are starting to hit Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎