X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

DC Spin Masters line officially revealed

Spin Masters has revealed their initial releases for their DC toy line, the license for which started in 2020. Toyark has info here: https://news.toyark.com/2020/01/01/d...evealed-374868

and I got an e-mail from Entertainment Earth with the reveal and order info last night.

Looks like 4 inch figures and 12 inch figures with a line of 2 inch figures in blindbags, and a major emphasis on Batman and friends, with Batman in his Rebirth costume being the standard (though other variants like classic blue available).

Here's a look at the 4 inch Batman assortment...

with vehicles for those figures...

and a look at the 12 inch Flash and Superman

I see a couple of Batman, a Robin, Joker, Harley and Shazam in the 12 inch scale as well.

The prices on EE were pretty reasonable too. $9.99 for the 12 inch figures and $7.99 for the 4 inch figures.

There were also a couple of role play toy sets in the listings.

Here's the list of the initial releases...

DC Comics 4″ Scale Figures

Batman Rebirth
    Batman Tactical Suit
    Robin
    The Joker
    Nightwing
    Man-Bat
    Batman Gold Suit (Chase Figure)
    Batmobile and Batboat Transforming Vehicle
    Batcycle with Batman and Clayface Figures

DC Comics 12″ Scale Figures

Batman Rebirth
    Batman Rebirth Blue Suit
    Harley Quinn
    Robin
    The Joker
    Batman Tactical Suit
    Superman
    The Flash
    Shazam

Other Items

2″ Scale Blind Bags
    Batman Voice-Changing Mask
    Batman Interactive Role-Play Gauntlet with Lights and Sounds

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I see the development curve included New 52 designs. Still, I think the figures look nice and I grab some of the 12" figures.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

And here's a look at the 2 inch blind bag assortment from the Entertianment Earth site...

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

They look perfectly fine. Nice sculpts and articulation. More paint on the 12 inch figures than Mattel had been doing.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

This will probably do better than McFarlane's out of scale with the previous line of DC Multiverse. its already catching a lot of flack for that online.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

These won't sell. Utterly generic. They better lower that MSRP.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Honestly they look just like more of the same stuff Mattel's been doing for the last few years. I'm ready for something new.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

well you guys aren't spinmaster's target audience. Mattel's kid focused lines did well.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fun guy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 24, 2011

This will be the best toy line yet

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

for small kids they're ok and they are very much like Mattel's basic line. I see a Dean Cain resemblance in that superman. cloth capes?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

spin-master-batman-4-inch-figures-1201446.jpg

I am kinda wondering about the weapons that the single pack characters come with.

spin-master-batman-12-inch-1201444.jpg

I am wondering what size the Damian Wayne Robin is going be done in. It would be strange to see him the same size as Batman.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

These are fine, but not impressive. I agree they look quite a bit like the current Mattel "kids" line, but those are actually pretty nice figures, even for the adult market, and these are skewing "younger".

Nothing wrong with that, but it would be nice to see something a bit more original and fresh.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I really don't see any big difference between this and what is currently out there, it looks good for young kids and I'm assuming that is the target market.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            well you guys aren't spinmaster's target audience. Mattel's kid focused lines did well.
                            I don't buy for myself. I buy for my kids. They passed on everything from Matty that wasn't multiverse.

McFarlane has the most promise, but if the specs are right, the pricepoint could be nuts.

Mego's timing could be really good if it's on the new bodies with decent pricepoint.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

I think the 4 inch figures look really good for the $7.99 price point. If they do some Super Powers era costume figures I'll pick them up.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎