Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

I think my biggest goal this year is just to organize what I already have. I have so much stuff is boxes in my basement, I loose track of what I have, or can't easily find it when I want to display it.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by rykerw1701
      I think my biggest goal this year is just to organize what I already have. I have so much stuff is boxes in my basement, I loose track of what I have, or can't easily find it when I want to display it.
      Amen to that. I have carded mego Trek and Super Powers I haven't found a display for. I did most of my pairing down over the past years. Honestly if I retired from collecting I would be happy with what I got.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

* Mego 12 inch Non Magnetic Batman (this is the 12 inch Magnetic Batman but without the magnets)
        * Mezco One 12 superheroes and Popeye
        * Sideshow 1:6 Superman and Blitzway 1:6 Zorro
        * FTC new releases
        (Ok, most aren't Megos but Mego Like but that's what I want)

Comment

• superherocrazy
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 12, 2007

Boxed mego Supergirl
          Boxed mego Isis
          Carded mego Thor
          Box for mego Green Arrow Car

Comment

• batdan
            • Feb 12, 2017

It's been a very intense year-way too many serious life adjustments. I have used my collecting to fill the void. I am about to become current with most of the Mego, New Mego, FTC lines that I collect. I have a list of customs that I will probably never complete in my lifetime but I will give it a shot. Learning and adjusting many of my skills and fabrication knowledge-setting myself up for new challenges. I may even start considering winnowing the herd of other collectibles-if the time and the pricing is right. That's all for now!

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

That's a tough and easy one, all at the same time. For Mego #1 is always to add to my carded WGSH collection. I'd say right now Falcon, Riddler or Conan are doable. Not opposed to finishing by boxed set off with Isis and/or Conan as well. It's a "The more I get, the less I need" syndrome. Outside of Mego I sold off the last my first movie Star Wars figures on ESB cards and want to get them on "Star Wars" cards. Already obtained a Ben Kenobi so I have 8 of the original 12 (but don't care about 12 backs as long as it's a first movie card)now. Outside of toy collecting my online wrestling museum has taken on a life of it's own, particularly on social media. My main focus is there as I've found it very fulfilling and I feel I have a responsibility beyond myself now, to the people who are following it. So getting more items for that, especially special ones is a priority.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I think I am going to branch out more with my figure collecting. I've seen or had every WGSH 12x times over but there are RAH Joes and lines like Battlestar Galactica I wasn't even aware of. One good thing about starting from scratch is you can buy lots and not worry about if you already have them.

There are some kenner Star wars and Empire figures I wanna get as well.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

I'm after a complete, minty loose set of Flash Gordon. I know pricing on those has gone up a bit in the last couple of years so that's a new challenge.

I would also like to complete my set of Popy Battle Fever. I have the two easiest ones in Japan and Cossack. Now I need France and Kenya! Good luck to me on that.
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Avenging Robot
                    • Jun 1, 2012

For Megos, things rarely go according to plan for me but I always come away with something cool. 2020 for me would include:
                    Carded Shazam
                    Carded Thor
                    Boxed Isis

...and both carded FTC Svenghoolies. I was not impressed that we couldn’t order these in Canada.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

I'll amend my list to add Lily Ledy WGSH.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Considering some Micronauts and Comic/Pocket Action, too.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Palifan
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          Considering some Micronauts and Comic/Pocket Action, too.

You should definitely go for the Pocket Action if nothing else, love that line.

Ian

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^I know, I have Aquaman and I think he's lovely.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

I love the Comic Action... I just wish I could find Wonder Woman at a decent price and condition.

The straight leg Pocket Heroes are calling to me... but I think a lot of others are hearing the same call.

All of these things seem to be white hot right now.

One thing I'm really starting to enjoy with the 3 3/4" format is the bootlegs and customs that fans are starting to produce. Some of them in factory runs of professional quality. There's a lot of whimsy and clever things being done on that front, even though it's all unlicensed.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I've seen nice Pocket Shazam! and Joker customs. With a bit of work and a 4" Boss Hogg, I bet a nice Penguin could be had, too.

I've never had extra figures to trash to see how they coud be disassembled.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎